Saturday, November 7, 2020
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market on Buffalo Speedway | No Cover – Houston’s mainstay farmers market continues, complete with drive-thru service for guests who place orders in advance, with fresh options and craft goods from more than 70 local vendors and food producers. 8am to 12:30pm.
- Sound Healing Meditation in the Cistern at Buffalo Bayou Park – Relax and meditate at a socially-distanced environment inside the massive Buffalo Bayou Cistern. $15. 9am to 9:45am
- Farmers Market at Imperial Park Recreation Center in Sugar Land | No Cover – Pick up food truck fare, freshly-harvested fruits and vegetables, baked goods and more from area farmers and artisans at this Sugar Land farmers market. 9am to 1pm.
- Hatha Yoga at Discovery Green | FREE – Try out a basic vinyasa yoga class to enhance your awareness and work towards a healthier body with host Andria Dugas at Discovery Green. 9am to 10am.
- Basement To Attic Tours of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace – Get a unique view of Galveston history with a top-to-bottom look at a historic landmark that includes areas that would be typically off-limits. $30 and tours are limited to eight people. 11am to 12:30pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market: Holiday Edition in The Height | No Cover – Shop holiday goods, artisan goods and works by local artists while browsing socially distanced vendor booths at the free First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights. 11am to 6pm.
- Taps & Turbos at No Label Brewing Co. | No Cover – Show off your ride or enjoy the show as a spectator at the Taps & Turbos Car Show during an afternoon cars, trucks, and motorcycles show featuring a silent auction, a raffle, food trucks, live music and more. This event is free with RSVP; $25 to register your vehicle. 12:30pm to 5pm.
- Art League Houston presents In Conversation: Rick Lowe & Alex Jen on Zoom | FREE – Enjoy a virtual conversation with Rick Lowe, Art League Houston’s 2020 Texas Artist of the Year, and writer Alex Jen as they discuss Lowe’s career as an artist and recent work. 2pm.
- Drive-In Movie Screening of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind at Raven Tower – The Best Little Drive-In in HTX presents the Black Mirror-esque 2004 film that starred Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey, complete with alcohol, food truck fare, popcorn, and candy that you can order online and have delivered directly to your car. 6pm and 8:30pm. $30 per vehicle.
- Virtual Opening Reception & Artist Talk for Archway Gallery’s What Shapes Us on Facebook Live | FREE – Check out the latest exhibition from Archway Gallery, What Shapes Us, during a virtual opening reception and artist talk with Australian artist and fellow Houstonian Tracey Meyer showcasing her engaging sculptures that employ rag paper, wood, and ceramics to create sculptures that represent an imagined individual’s existence or story. 6:30pm to 7pm.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre Virtual Series: Texas Medical Center Orchestra presents Love Can Move the World with Michael Gott | FREE – Enjoy an evening of uplifting music featuring talented singer-songwriter Michael Gott and the Texas Medical Center Orchestra during Miller Outdoor Theatre’s virtual presentation of Love Can Move the World. The event is free to watch and will be available for viewing after the original broadcast begins. 7pm to 8pm.
- Piper Jones in Concert at McGonigal’s Mucky Duck & on Livestream – Swing through Upper Kirby for an evening of traditional tunes from Ireland, Scotland, and Appalachia, as well as originals when the Piper Jones Band takes the stage at McGonigal’s Mucky Duck. There will also be a live stream on the Duck’s Facebook page and YouTube channel. Tables are $120 for four people; $180 for six people. 7pm to 8:30pm
- The Riot Comedy Show presents The Whiskey Brothers at Rudyard’s – Fall out of your seat laughing when Montrose watering hole Rudyard’s British Pub and The Riot Comedy Show present two socially-distanced standup comedy shows featuring Slade Ham, Rob Mungle, Sam Demaris, and Tre Tutson of the smash-hit podcast The Whiskey Brothers. Limited tickets for the in-person show range from $10 to $80 for a table; $10 for live stream access on YouTube. 7pm and 9pm.
- Comedian Kyle Kinane at The Secret Group – Laugh out loud at a live set from stand up comedian Kyle Kinane, who is known for his appearances on Drunk History, his recurring character on Judd Apatow’s Love on Netflix and more, when he takes the stage at The Secret Group in EaDo. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 the day of. 8pm.
- Bombón X Años at Prauper and on Twitch – Hit the club (and virtual club) when Latin DJ collective, Bombón, celebrates 10 years of tropical vibes with live DJ sets at Prauper as well as a live stream on Twitch. Tickets are $25 with RSVP; $40 at the door; free to stream on Twitch. 8pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston this weekend are happening all weekend long. Click here to see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, starring Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey, from the safety of your vehicle.
Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Saint Arnold Brewing Company presents Virtual 2020 Art Car IPA 5K – Take part in the virtual edition of Saint Arnold’s annual Art Car IPA 5k where everything is offered to-go, including a commemorative shirt, custom pint glass, Saint Arnold brews, Art Car IPA medal and more. Registration ranges from $25 to $50. 8:30am to 11:30am.
- Funky Brunch & Heights Morning Market at Onion Creek Cafe | No Cover – Join Onion Creek for a brunch experience featuring tunes from live DJs, drink specials, and an outdoor vendor market, filled with local goods and products including clothing, gourmet goods, jewelry, arts and crafts and more. 10am to 2pm.
- Sunday Montrose Market at Eagle Houston | No Cover – Stock your pantry with organic and local foods from area vendors when Braeswood Farmers Market sets up at LGBTQ+-friendly leather bar, Eagle Houston, in Montrose. 10am to 2pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Live from Jacksonville on CBS – Watch the Houston Texans take the gridiron as they face the Jacksonville Jaguars, broadcast live from Jacksonville, Florida. This game will be aired on KHOU-11. Noon to 4pm.
- Chantal Open Warehouse Sale | First Day | No Cover – Get in first and have your pick at online retailer Chantal’s striking kitchenware, with savings up to 75% on goodies for you and gifts for your friends and family. The annual, normally weekend-only, event has been extended to 15 straight days for 2020, allowing more people to shop with social distance. Opening today, the warehouse sale will remain open through Sunday, November 22, 2020. Noon to 5pm.
- Veterans Appreciation Week 2020 at the National Museum of Funeral History | FREE for Veterans and Active Servicemen & Women – In honor of Veterans Day, NMFH is giving back to past and active military by offering free general admission to veterans and active military servicemen and women for an entire week. Noon to 5pm.
- Pride Market at Pearl Bar Houston | No Cover – Browse home goods, artwork, clothing, food and more, on Washington Ave when Pearl Bar Houston hosts a Pride Market for LGBTQ+ vendors to show off their artisan works for purchase. 2pm to 8pm.
- Urban Harvest’s Drive-In Sunday Supper & Movie at Moonstruck Drive-In | FREE – Spend your Sunday in the East End enjoying dinner and a movie at Urban Harvest and Moonstruck Drive-In’s Sunday Supper, which features a delicious, chef-driven four-course meal paired with a drive-in screening of the heartwarming 2019 documentary film, The Biggest Little Farm. Tickets are $300 per car and include food for four, water, and the movie screening; premier lounge seating is $1,500 for six people or $3,000 for eight people and even more amenities. 5pm to 9pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Colorado Rapids at BBVA Stadium – See the Dynamo in their final regular season match against the Colorado Rapids at BBVA Stadium, in EaDo, on a limited capacity basis. Tickets range from $17 to $300 for upper bowl seating only and must be bought in pairs. 7pm. 5:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.