Don you spookiest costume and swing by socially distanced events on the town or stay in for a virtual event happening in Houston for Halloween 2020.
Whether you’re looking to have a cocktail on a socially distanced patio, enjoy a spooky concert, go to an all-out costume ball, or celebrate from the comfort of your own home, there are plenty of events to let loose this Halloween in Houston.
Halloween 2020 Celebrations & Virtual Events Around Greater Houston
- Spook N Art Market at The Art Cellar of Houston | Friday, October 30 | No Cover – Shop from a variety of local artists, makers, and farmers at the Spook N Art Market in the Energy Corridor. 5pm to 10pm.
- EastEndBikeRide: 6th Annual Cemetery Gates at D&W Lounge | Friday, October 30 | No Cover – Visit some of Houston’s oldest and lesser-known cemeteries at a skeleton- and Dia De Los Muertos-themed bike ride. Meet at D&W Lounge in Greater Eastwood. The social-pace ride will be about 15 to 20 miles. 7pm.
- Letsdothishouston presents Take Me Back to the 2000s: Costume Night Light Bike Ride | Friday, October 30 – Rock your early 2000s-themed costumes and vibe out to R&B and hip hop of the era while cruising the streets on LED bikes with Letsdothishouston. Tickets are $11.37; $30.85 to rent a bike. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Haunted Harbor Tours on Seagull II in Galveston | Friday, October 30 and Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Join Galveston Historical Foundation for a special 90-minute tour focusing on the haunted history of Galveston’s harborside while on a BYOB cruise that departs from Galveston Historic Seaport at Pier 21. Arrive no less than 15 minutes before the tour begins. Tickets are $20; free for ages 5 and under. 4:30pm to 6pm both days.
- Galveston Ghost Stories at the 1838 Menard House | Friday, October 30 and Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Scare yourself silly during a tour of the oldest home on Galveston Island as you hear the haunted history of the 1838 Menard House and more. Complementary beer and wine will be served on the porch before the tour. Tickets are $40. Times vary.
- Moonlight Tours of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace in Galveston | Friday, October 30 and Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – See the the National Historic Landmark 1892 Bishop’s Palace in a new light during two special moonlight tours where guests can enjoy a guided tour of all floors, including the typically closed third floor while learning all about the history of the building, the Gresham family and more. Complimentary beer and wine will be served on the porch before the tour. 8:30pm both evenings.
- Houston Symphony presents Live from Jones Hall: Haunted Halloween POPS | Friday, October 30 to Sunday, November 1 | Virtual Option – Have an at-home Halloween party as the Houston Symphony presents a night of spooky throwbacks with their Haunted Halloween POPS performance, featuring spinetingling classics like In the Hall of the Mountain King, music from Psycho, Harry Potter, and more. The Halloween night performance on Saturday will be livestreamed, and very limited tickets for in-person attendance on Friday and Sunday are available when you register for standby tickets. Tickets for the Halloween virtual performance are $20. Showtimes vary.
- Halloween Weekend at The Rustic on Polk & Post Oak | Friday, October 30 to Sunday, November 1 – Head over to either of The Rustic’s locations for a Halloween weekend filled with DJs, live music, and their “Jam & Toast” brunch. Food and drinks are on you. Hours vary per day and location,
- Spooky Halloween Brunch at Weights & Measures | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 | No Cover – Head to Weights and Measures in Midtown and vie for a $100 gift card prize for best costume while you enjoy bunch favorites along with Halloween-themed cocktails. 8am to 3pm.
- Halloween in the Hangar at Lone Star Flight Museum | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Celebrate the spookiest holiday with the kiddos in costume among incredible aircraft at Lone Star Flight Museum’s Halloween in the Hangar event. Ages under 12 in costume get in free all day and trick-or-treating will be from 10:30am until 12:30pm. This event is included with general admission to the museum, which is $14.95 for adults; $12.95 for ages 12 to 17 and for ages 65 and up; $9.95 for ages 6 to 11; free for ages 5 and under and museum members. 10am to 5pm.
- Love & Make’s Trick-or-Treat Express Candle-Making Workshop in Rice Village | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Spend your Halloween afternoon learning how to make your own custom soy wax candle in Love & Make’s Express Candle-Making Workshop. Guests will learn about fragrance blending, the candle-making process, and can take part in the all-day costume contest. Reservation includes one medium soy wax candle in a signature vessel; premium upgrades are available. Tickets are $35 per person per workshop. There will be three workshops, at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm.
- HTX Market: Halloween at Hartz Krispy Chicken Parking Lot On Pinemont | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 | No Cover – Show your support for local vendors and artisans at the Halloween edition of the dog-friendly HTX Market in the parking lot of Hartz Krispy Chicken on Pinemont. Every vendor will have special treats for the kids and Julep Bar will be on-site with to-go drinks for the adults. 2pm to 7pm.
- Nightmare on Washington Spooky Drag Show at B.B. Lemon | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 | No Cover – Wild out on Washington Ave. in costume when B.B. Lemon hosts their Nightmare on Washington Spooky Drag Show featuring food and drink specials, a costume contest with prizes, and tunes spun by DJ Melodic. There is no cover, but food and drinks are on guests. Reservations are strongly recommended. Dinner will be served from 3pm to 10pm; music from 7pm to midnight.
- Trick or Treat at the 1838 Menard House in Galveston | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 | FREE – Say trick or treat like you never have before while visiting Galveston’s oldest residence, the 1838 Menard House to snag individual bags of candy when they opens their gates to trick or treaters for history-making fun. GHF staff and volunteers will be on-site with pre-packaged treats on the porch. 5pm.
- Love & Make’s Halloween Date Night Candle-Making Workshop in Rice Village | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Enjoy a special Halloween date night edition of this workshop where you’ll learn how to make two custom candles, choosing from Love & Make’s signature vessels or upgrade to a premium vessel, as well as take part in the all-day costume contest. Reservation includes complimentary beverages from the bar, plus Halloween candy. Tickets are $55 per person. 5pm.
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas: Halloween Benefit Concert on Vimeo | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 | Virtual – The Actors Fund teams up with Lymphoma Research Foundation to present a one-night-only virtual Halloween benefit concert featuring songs from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney’s classic animated film, as interpreted by some of Broadway’s most ghoulishly talented artists. Tickets to view online are $4.99. 7pm.
- Hallow-Queen Drag Show at Bar Boheme | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 | No Cover – Sashay over to Bar Boheme in full costume to enjoy Halloween-themed performances by local drag queens along with a live DJ, games, cocktails, and more. 8pm.
- Halloween Mask-rade with Warlung in Concert at Rockefeller’s Houston | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Spend Halloween night with a socially distanced, reserved seating concert by local heavy psychedelic band, Warlung, along with openers Kill the Lizard and Direlands at Rockefeller’s Houston. $15. 8pm.
- Numbers Full Moon LiveScream on Twitch | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – | Virtual Numbers Nightclub hosts a virtual Halloween event with a costume contest, a pumpkin carving contest, and over $1,000 in cash and prizes. This event will be held onlinevian DJ Wallace’s Twitch channel. This will be a free event with a requested $20 donation. General admission virtual tables are $35 and $80 for VIP. 8pm.
- Houston Ghost Tour at Hermann Park | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Visit the original Ghost Tour of Houston where tour guides take you to the most haunted locations around Hermann Park. Hear great history and folklore along with local ghost stories, told in a fun and entertaining way. Tickets are $25 for ages 13 and up; $17 for ages 6 to 12; $10 for kids ages 5 and under; $20 with student ID. 9pm.
- Halloween Masquerade Costume Ball at Omni Houston Hotel | Halloween, Saturday, October 31 – Dress up in costume for Omni Hotel’s Halloween Masquerade Costume Ball and enjoy champagne, complimentary bites, dancing, and more. $59 for a group of five, including two hours of open bar. VIP tickets start at $139. 9pm.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
Businesses in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
Please contact individual organizers directly if you have any questions about their operational guidelines during this time.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).