Get your otherworldly thrills and chills on one or more of the ghost tours, haunted homes, and socially distanced ghoulish tours on Galveston Island.
With its long and storied history—including waves of disease, fire, hurricanes, storms, and even pirates—Galveston Island has seen centuries of death and loss of life. And true believers declare that many restless souls continue to linger in and around historic structures around Downtown Galveston.
You can also learn about more mysteriously haunted spots, including room 501 at Hotel Galvez and the Face at UTMB, at VisitGalveston.
Ongoing Galveston Ghost Tours
- Dash Beardsley’s Ghost Tours of Galveston – You’ll find multiple spooky options available—namely the Original Ghost Tour, Restless Spirits Tour, and Ghost Cemetery Tour—from the island’s longest running tour operation. Expect stories infused with thoroughly researched historical evidence and personal accounts of the supernatural from local residents, without costumed surprises or theatrical tricks. Tours are operated on weekends throughout the year, and on select weekdays in the fall. From $20; $15 ages 4 to 12.
- Historic Galveston Ghost Tours – Offering both a Spooky Strand Ghost Tour and a Historic Galveston Ghost Tour, these 90-minute guides tours explore the island’s intricate and eerie history and promise to convert hard-boiled skeptics into to true believers. Starting at $10.
- Storm on the Strand Ghost Tour – Explore the gory, spooky and fascinating paranormal happenings on the Strand—the original street of horror. Learn why Galveston has more ghosts than any other city in the U.S. Starting at $10.
- Haunted Mayfield Manor – Situated in an 1867 building that served as a morgue following the 1900 storm, today’s Haunted Mayfield Manor is the site of frequent paranormal investigations and sightings. The haunted house is open year-round, welcoming visitors to explore the spooky history of the building’s past while providing guests, the prospect of a real paranormal experience, plus some thrilling theatrics. $10.
Halloween 2020 Ghost Tours in Galveston
- Haunted Harbor Tours on Seagull II – Take to the sea for a 90-minute tour and hear the haunted history of Galveston’s harbor-side aboard the 50-foot, open air, covered twin-engine motor vessel. BYOB is welcome. Tours end for the 2020 fall season after Halloween night, Saturday, October 31, 2020. $20.
- Moonlight Tours of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace – he National Historic Landmark 1892 Bishop’s Palace takes on a new light with this special moonlight tour. Enjoy a guided tour of all floors, including the typically closed third floor, and learn the history of the building, the Gresham family, and more. Complimentary beer and wine will be served on the porch before the tour begins. Tours end for the 2020 fall season after Halloween night, Saturday, October 31, 2020. $40.
- Galveston Ghost Stories at the 1838 Menard House – The oldest home on the island, the 1838 Menard House, serves as your host for a tour and talk of some of the island’s most haunted history. Complementary beer and wine will be served on the porch before the tour begins. Tours end for the 2020 fall season after Halloween night, Saturday, October 31, 2020. $40.
This article has been sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.