In our Where to Shop series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the best boutiques, retail shops, clothing stores and more.
Down by the bay in Clear Lake, there are a ton of great places to spend your hard-earned cash, regardless of what you need or want. From unique up-cycled finds and European antiques to the trendiest of clothing and bohemian accessories, one of these shops is bound to fulfill your shopping needs.
Where to Shop in Clear Lake & The Bay Area
Read below to find out our top picks to shop for clothing, accessories, gifts and more in Clear Lake and the Bay Area.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Bay Area covers cities, communities, and neighborhoods that include Clear Lake, Dickinson, Kemah, League City, Nassau Bay, San Leon, Webster, and Seabrook.
- Adelaide’s Boutique – Scope out the latest trends in women’s clothing, handbags, jewelry, and accessories at Adelaide’s Boutique. The family-run business has got you covered with adorable wares for any occasion, with hot-ticket items like embroidered totes, breezy rompers, patterned dresses, and daisy-shaped sunnies. Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday 1pm to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Moxie District 31 – Looking for a pop of color or fun, patterned piece to add to your repertoire? Head to Moxie District 31, a Clear Lake-based boutique that offers a full selection of hand-picked tops, dresses, jewelry and more, with some even designed by the owner herself. Monday 1pm to 5pm; Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 6pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Ivory Boutique – From basic tees to statement-making stand-outs, Ivory Boutique has it all, and for a reasonable price to boot. Expect dresses ranging from casual to cocktail, clever graphic tees, distressed denim, cozy button-downs and more. Monday 11am to 3pm; Tuesday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Wander Market – While they do offer apparel for all, this little shop is much more than a clothing store. With a free-spirited bohemian vibe, the store features tons of creative finds with witty greeting cards, artistic jewelry, home decor, and unique gifts. Monday to Thursday 10am to 8pm; Friday and Saturday 10am to 9pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Brave Boutique – This Seabrook boutique houses weekend wears-a-plenty. Whether you’re looking for cozy tees, trendy frocks, masks, or seasonal picks (next year’s rodeo attire, anyone?), Brave Boutique is a great spot to start your search. Tuesday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday noon to 4pm; closed Monday. Click here for directions.
- The Salted Hippie Boutique – Since 2015, The Salted Hippie has offered Bay Area residents a large selection of fun tops, bottoms, and everything in between for women of all shapes and sizes. Best of all? Their trendy picks and adorable accessories (including a whole slew of food-shaped handbags) won’t break the bank. Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 2pm. Click here for directions.
Consignment & Upcycling
- Strawberry Hill Unique Upcycling Boutique – Find just about any decorative item you can imagine, and even some that you can’t, at Strawberry Hill Unique Upcycling Boutique. This mother-daughter duo does a fabulous job of taking used items and carefully revamping them into a unique piece for something truly special. Custom requests accepted. Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm; closed Sunday and Monday. Click here for directions.
Home Decor & Antiques
- Ivy Antiques and Home Decor – Decorate your home with fine antiques of European origin from Ivy Antiques (formerly Se La Ve Antiques), located in Historic League City. Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday and Monday. Click here for directions.
While you’re in the neighborhood, check out our favorite Brunch and Happy Hour spots in Clear Lake and the Bay Area.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.