Updated: Monday, October 19, 2020 at 2pm.
Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 19 to Sunday, October 25, 2020.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, October 19 to Sunday, October 25, 2020.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Arboretum presents Science Spooktacular: A Week of Halloween Fun | Monday, October 19 to Saturday, October 24 – Enjoy a week of Halloween-themed virtual events geared toward children and families including spooky bedtime stories, fun-filled slimy science experiments and more during Science Spooktacular. Tickets are $10 for non-members per family; $15 for activity bags. 6pm to 7pm daily.
- Oktoberfest 2020 at City Acre Brewing Co. | Thursday, October 22 to Sunday, October 25 | No Cover – Celebrate Oktoberfest with outdoor festivities including live polka music and games, as well as delicious German food, beer, and frozen cocktails when City Acre Brewing Co. kicks off the yearly tradition. Times vary.
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots at NRG Stadium | Thursday, October 22 – Cheer on the Houston Texans as they battle it out against the New England Patriots, live from NRG Stadium and broadcast on CBS and local radio. Limited tickets for in-person attendance have been released and are expected to sell out. Tickets start at $60 but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.
- Apollo Chamber Players’ 20×2020 Virtual Festival Episodes 17 & 18 | Thursday, October 22 and Sunday, October 25 | FREE – Houston’s internationally recognized chamber quartet releases another two episodes of their 20×2020 program, featuring original pieces by composer Pierre Jalbert in Episode 17: L’esprit du Nord (Spirit of the North); and original pieces by composer Jerod Impichchaachaaha’ with a guest appearance by astronaut Commander John Herrington in Episode 18: Moonstrike. The program will be viewable online indefinitely once it debuts at 7pm.
- Shakey Graves in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24 – Let loose while taking in the Americana tunes of Austin-based musician Shakey Graves at a socially distanced, in-person performance on the lawn at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $95 for six people on the rear lawn to $1,000 for ten people on the hilltop. 7pm both nights.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre Virtual Series in October | Friday, October 23 to Sunday, October 25 | FREE – Enjoy a weekend chock-full of virtual performances when Miller Outdoor Theatre and Asia Society Texas Center broadcast live from the Miller stage (behind a closed curtain) with concerts and talks from artists including Indo-Pakistani soul artist Zeshan B; Aperio performing Copland, Piazzolla, D’Rivera, and Bragato; contemporary jazz supergroup, The Houston Jazz Collective; as well as a celebration of Art Blakey’s 101st birthday with Bu’s Jazz Messengers. Showtimes vary.
- The QS Virtual MBA Tour on Zoom | Saturday, October 24 | FREE with RSVP – Connect with top-ranked business schools and universities, access scholarship opportunities, receive a virtual resume review and more, from the comfort of your home at the free QS Virtual MBA event on Zoom. 365 Houston readers can participate for free, with an RSVP. Noon to 2:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Columbus Crew SC at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, October 24 – Watch the Dynamo take to the pitch in person as they face off against Columbus Crew SC at BBVA Stadium in EaDo on a limited capacity basis. Tickets range from $17 to $300 for upper bowl seating only and must be bought in pairs. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show: Roxxy Haze & Roast Battle Invitational Tournament at Rudyard’s | Saturday, October 24 – Split your sides laughing at two socially-distanced standup comedy shows in Montrose that pits eight comics against one another, all in a hilarious effort to earn the Riot Roast Battle Challis. Known for her mashup of socioeconomic observations and insights on geek culture, only the early evening show will feature comedian, singer, rapper, and writer, Roxxy Haze. Limited tickets for the in-person show range from $10 to $80 for a table; $10 for live stream access on YouTube. 8pm and 10pm.
- The BOO-runch! Mixer and Market at Pitch 25 Beer Park | Sunday, October 25 | No Cover – Head to Pitch 25 in EaDo for their family- and pet-friendly Boo-runch Mixer and Market which features a Halloween-themed vendor market, costume contest, $5 yoga, brunch and drink menus, music and more. 10:30am to 4pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).