Hit the links for an outdoor round of golf, fun-filled miniature golf and free disc golf at 40+ public courses around Houston.
We’ve compiled some of the region’s most rewarding and challenging public golf courses, fun-filled mini-golf adventures, and free disc golf courses that can be found in Beaumont, Brazosport, Clear Lake and the Bay Area, Conroe, Deer Park, Galveston, Pearland, Port Arthur, Sugar Land and The Woodlands.
Most importantly, for the realities of 2020, grabbing a club or disc and heading to the golf course can be a great way to explore the Houston region while maintaining social distancing and getting out of the house to enjoy a relaxing day outdoors.
Of course, it’s also important for you to consider any health precautions before heading out. Our picks below may have certain requirements or restrictions at this moment and these things can change quickly, so be sure to contact your destination ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
Around Houston: Mini-Golf, Disc Golf & Public Golf Courses
- Bayou Din Golf Course – For over sixty years, local enthusiasts have made this quiet 140-acre course a hidden gem just south of Beaumont. Book a tee time online, with rates starting at $16 ($28 with cart) on weekdays; $24 ($36 with cart) on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Beaumont Country Club – Nestled in the woods a few minutes north of Beaumont, the rolling fairways of the course at Beaumont Country Club offer opportunities to challenge better golfers while remaining enjoyable for weekend players. Non-member fees are $65 on weekdays; $85 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Colorado Canyon | Mini-Golf – Featuring two 18 hole miniature golf courses, this family fun center is also packed with arcades, gemstone and fossil mining, a laser maze and more. Rates start at $9.25 for one course; $13.50 for both. Children are $1 per year of age through age 9. Click here for more information.
- Henry Homberg Municipal Golf Course at Tyrrell Park – Built in the late 1930s within the historic Tyrrell Park, this course is suitable for all skill levels—and you can get a leg up ahead of your tee time with a hole-by-hole description on their website. Rates are $16 on weekdays; $21 on weekends with optional cart rentals ($13 daily). Click here for more information.
- Iron Oaks Golf Club – In northwest Beaumont, this course is one of the more recent additions to the local golfing landscape, offering undulating greens, flat fairways and a few tricky dog-legs. Rates are $22.50 on weekdays; $28 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Klein Park Disc Golf Course | Disc Golf – A favorite of players in the region, this 18-basket disc golf course stretches through a mixture of open and wooded areas, providing players of all skill levels a comfortable challenge. Click here for more information.
- Clute Disc Golf Course | Disc Golf – A short but fun 9-hole course, this spot in Clute is a great place for beginners to the sport to hone their skills on narrow fairways surrounded by trees before heading out to more challenging courses. Click here for more information.
- Cornerstone Church Disc Golf Course | Disc Golf – Set among the massive moss-hung oak trees west of Lake Jackson, this scenic course is well maintained by volunteer lawn crews and offers a mix of challenging and satisfying holes. Click here for more information.
- Dunbar Park Disc Golf Course | Disc Golf – Located in the popular Lake Jackson park that spans 98 acres, this 18-basket course is a relaxing, beginner-level course which features a few stretches of long throws, hilly environments and some water hazards courtesy of the nearby bayou. Click here for more information.
- Freeport Municipal Golf Course – Located right on the Brazos River in Freeport, this public golf course offers eighteen holes in an open layout, with occasional hazards, across nearly 7,200 yards of greens and palm tree scenery. Rates are $25 on weekdays; $35 on weekends; special rates available on Tuesdays ($10) and Fridays ($20). Click here for more information.
- The Wilderness Golf Course – A certified Audubon Sanctuary golf course, The Wilderness course in Lake Jackson is surrounded by natural landscapes teeming with native wildlife and birds, while also offering a challenge across 18 holes for players of all skill levels. Non-resident rates are $61 on weekdays; $71 on Fridays and weekends. Click here for more information.
Clear Lake, Kemah, League City, Nassau Bay & Bay Area
- Bayou Golf Course – On an isolated patch of land along Moses Lake, the 200 acres of gratifying and sometimes challenging golf at Bayou Golf Course is ideal for players of all skill levels. When you take to the tees, be prepared to handle water hazards on 12 holes, nearly two dozen sand traps and the ever-present winds from Galveston Bay. Rates are $33 on weekdays; $39 on weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- Beacon Lakes Golf Course – In League City, this lighted 18-hole golf course offers night time opportunities to hit the fairways, as well as a challenging layout that stretches for more than 6,700 yards. Rates are $22 on weekdays; $26 on Fridays; and $31 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Taylor Lake Village Disc Golf Course | Disc Golf – Near Seabrook, this lightly wooded 9-hole course can be found in a community park off NASA Road 1 and features fast and easily navigable play with slight challenges from nearby trees and subtle elevation changes. Click here for more information.
- TopGolf Webster – The national chain of golf entertainment venues offer driving bays for groups of all sizes to send balls flying, racking up points on accuracy and distance, while enjoying tasty bites and drinks as they swing away. Click here for more information.
- 7 Acre Wood | Mini-Golf – The sprawling family destination just north of Conroe features a mini-golf course as well as a petting zoo, playground equipment and more for kids of all ages. One-day passes are $6.50 per person; free for ages 18 months and under. Click here for more information.
- The Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort – Players at this 18-hole course can appreciate a compelling round of golf along the shores of Lake Conroe, swinging through a lakeside landscape of tall trees, water hazards, soft-sand bunkers and tight fairways. Rates are $55 Tuesdays through Thursdays; $60 Fridays through Sundays. Click here for more information.
- Grand Lake Golf Club – Nestled in the Grand Lake Estates community just west of I-45, this Gary Player-designed 18-hole course stretches more than 7,000 yards, featuring undulating greens and challenging golf on TifEagle Bermuda grass. Rates are $35 on weekdays; $40 on Fridays; $46 on weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- Panorama Golf Club – For more than fifty years, this course (formerly The Village Golf Club) has provided an enjoyable experience of rolling hills, slick greens and tight fairways flanked by towering pines and massive oaks. Rates are dependent on tee times and range from $40 to $50.50 on weekdays; $43 to $61.50 on weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- West Fork Golf & Country Club – This scenic course in the heart of Conroe provides players a challenging layout packed with fast greens and generous fairways for an enjoyable experience along the San Jacinto River. Rates are dependent on tee times and range from $23 to $42 on weekdays; $23 to $52 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Battleground Golf Course – Located near the site of the famed Battle of San Jacinto, this course offers players a quick educational lesson across 18 holes, each of which are named for central figures in the battles between Generals Sam Houston and Santa Anna. Rates are dependent on tee times and range from $20 to $36 on weekdays; $20 to $49 on Fridays and weekends. Click here for more information.
- Magic Carpet Golf | Mini-Golf – A Galveston Island mainstay for several decades, this family mini-golf experience offers scenic views along Seawall Boulevard that look into the Gulf of Mexico. Two 18-hole courses are on offer at affordable prices, making this an enjoyable outing suitable for all ages. Rates are $10 for 18 holes. Click here for more information.
- Moody Gardens Golf Course – Lined with towering palm trees, this public course provides a unique seaside tropical feel and features Paspalum turf across its 18 holes, meandering through native areas and the natural wetlands of Sydnor Bayou. Rates are subject to change and range from $48 to $64 on weekdays; $48 to $87 on Fridays and weekends. Click here for more information.
- Pirates Treasure Adventure Park | Mini-Golf – Located in the Jamaica Beach RV Resort, this 18-hole mini-golf course is open to the public, offering a fun-filled, enjoyable game among pirate decor, easily ‘Grammable photo ops, and more. Rates are $10 per adult; $7 per child. Cash-only. Click here for more information.
- Tin Cup’s Caddy Shack – If you’re looking for a place to unwind while you work on your drives, this Island getaway is a full-service bar and driving range, with a putting green and horseshoe pits to boot. Click here for more information.
- Centennial Park Disc Golf | Disc Golf – This 9-hole course is inviting to players of all skill levels, with long fairway stretches, moderate wood coverage and some water hazards along the way. Centennial Park also features plenty of play areas for younger kiddos with playground equipment nearby. Click here for more information.
- Golfcrest Country Club – This Championship course offers a challenge to golfers with long fairways, tricky dog-legs and slick, elevated greens that reward accuracy and smart shot approaches. Rates are $63 on weekdays; $78 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Pearland Golf Club – Eighteen holes of Championship golf at this course can test the skills of the most seasoned players as they grapple with fast greens, narrow fairways and plenty of hazards along the way. Rates are dependent on tee times and range from $30 to $40 on weekdays; $35 to $49 on Fridays; $35 to $55 on weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- Southwyck Golf Club – Hit the links at Southwyck for a pleasant round of eighteen holes that meander through the Silverlake subdivision. Rates are dependent on tee times and range from $24 to $30 on weekdays; $24 to $52 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Babe Didrikson Zaharias Memorial Golf Course – Designed by Leon Howard, this affordable 18-hole course offers some challenge to players with Gulf winds in the area and fifteen bunkers to plan around, while also being accessible to less experienced players. Rates range from $17 to $29 on weekdays; $22 to $34 on weekends. Click here for more information.
- Berry’s Treasure Disc Golf Course | Disc Golf – Restored to its former Championship layout after Hurricane Rita, this 18-basket course offers scenic views of the ship channel while on a moderately hilly and wooded terrain. Be warned, players at this course recommend plenty of bug spray as mosquitoes are known to be relentless. Click here for more information.
- Greatwood Golf Club – Located just off the Southwest Freeway, this 18-hole course features unique greens and fairways that wind around bodies of water and through the Greatwood neighborhood. Rates are $41 on weekdays; $52 on Fridays; and $60 on weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- Imperial Park Disc Golf | Disc Golf – Located on the 44 acres of Imperial Park, this 10-hole course offers a fun challenge with different elevations, long stretches, and brush hazards. Click here for more information.
- Augusta Pines – This 18-hole course is open to the public, with a massive 100,000-square-foot clubhouse, thirty acres of lakes that come into play on eleven holes, and back-to-back island greens for dramatic finishing holes. Rates are $69 on weekdays; $85 on Fridays, weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- Bear Branch Sportsfield Park | Disc Golf – Players of all skill levels will find an enjoyable time at this sprawling, tree-lined 18-basket course among soccer fields, a jogging trail, fishing opportunities and more. Click here for more information.
- The Oaks at The Woodlands Resort – Take a round through towering oak trees to expansive greens while on this enjoyable, scenic course at The Woodlands Resort. Rates are $105 on weekdays; $120 on Fridays, weekends and holidays. Click here for more information.
- Shankz Black Light Miniature Golf | Mini-Golf – This family entertainment venue features 18 holes of mini golf in an indoor, glow-in-the-dark setting alongside virtual reality and arcades. Mini-golf rates are $12; $6 for ages 3 and under. Click here for more information.
- Spring Valley Golf and Disc Golf | Golf and Disc Golf – Enjoy the best of both worlds with Spring Valley’s 9-hole golf course alongside 28 disc golf holes across three standard courses. Disc golf green fees are $5; Golf rates range from $15 for 9 holes to $34 for 18 holes, with cart. Click here for more information.
- Terramont Park Disc Golf | Disc Golf – This 9-holer sits atop and around a giant hill in Terramont Park in the northwest area of The Woodlands, offering up challenging and tricky holes to conquer. Terramont Park also features plenty of play space for kiddos, a dog park, basketball and tennis courts, and more. Click here for more information.
- TopGolf The Woodlands – The national chain of golf entertainment venues offer driving bays for groups of all sizes to send balls flying, racking up points on accuracy and distance, while enjoying tasty bites and drinks as they swing away. Click here for more information.
This post was sponsored by Visit Houston. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.