Updated: Monday, October 12, 2020 at 11am.
Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 12 to Sunday, October 18, 2020.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, October 12 to Sunday, October 18, 2020.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- French Left Bank Wine Dinner at Etoile Cuisine et Bar | Tuesday, October 13 – With travel limited right now, Etoile Cuisine et Bar co-owner and chef Philippe Verpiand is inviting everyone to join him in a globe-trotting culinary journey—without leaving Houston—when he hosts a lavish, four-course dinner paired with a fine selection of French Left Bank wines. The dinner is $98 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are required. 6:45pm to 9pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Nashville SC at BBVA Stadium | Wednesday, October 14 – Watch the Dynamo take to the pitch in person as they face off against Nashville SC at BBVA Stadium in EaDo on a limited capacity basis. Tickets range from $17 to $300 for upper bowl seating only and must be bought in pairs. 7pm.
- Apollo Chamber Players’ 20×2020 Virtual Festival Episodes 15 & 16 | Thursday, October 15 and Sunday, October 18 | FREE – Houston’s internationally recognized chamber quartet releases another two episodes of their 20×2020 program, featuring original pieces by composer Leo Brouwer alongside guest appearances by author Lorenzo Martinez and the Houston Ballet in Episode 15: String Quartet No. 6 Nostalgia de las Montañas; and original pieces by composer Pamela Z in Episode 16: The Unraveling, for String Quartet, Voice & MacBook Pro. The program will be viewable online indefinitely once it debuts at 7pm.
- DJ Night Benefit with DJ Pro Ghost & DJ Clyde at Red Dwarf HTX | Thursday, October 15 | No Cover – Head to Midtown and enjoy a dance night from the folks at Red Dwarf HTX, benefiting HTX Community Fridges, an organization that provides free food to multiple communities throughout Houston. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Botanic Garden Opening Season: Celebrating Africa | Friday, October 16 to Sunday, October 18 – Continue to celebrate the opening of Houston Botanic Garden in South Houston at this special, Africa-highlighted outdoor event, featuring demonstrations on Caribbean plants and food by Ate Kitchen and Crave Gourmet Bakery, a performance by FAM Houston’s Congolese Women’s Empowerment Group, children’s activities and more. $15; $10 for ages 3 to 15 and students with ID; free for ages 2 and under. 9am to 5pm each day.
- Bert Kreischer’s Hot Summer Nights Tour at Moonstruck Drive-In | Friday, October 16 – Fall out of your car laughing when comedian Bert Kreischer performs new material live alongside special guests for a drive-in audience at Moonstruck Drive-In in the East End. Tickets for the early show are sold out, but tickets are still available for the 10:30pm slot, starting at $160 for 3 people.
- ROCO presents ROCO Unchambered: Love Notes Virtual Concert | Saturday, October 17 | FREE – Curated by and featuring flutist Rebecca Powell Garfield, oboist Spring Hill, and harpist Laurie Meister, the Love Notes virtual concert is a nature-inspired program that kicks off the sixteenth season of ROCO’s Unchambered series. 5pm.
- The Great Vegan Bake-Off: Volume Two at Social Beer Garden HTX | Saturday, October 17 – Let your tastebuds be the judge at Social Beer Garden HTX’s showdown of Houston’s best-baked vegan sweets which will also feature live music, artists, crafts, and, of course, delicious treats. Tickets are $10. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans: Live from Nashville on CBS | Sunday, October 18 | FREE – Watch the Houston Texans take the field to battle it out against the Titans, live from Nashville, broadcast on CBS and Sports Radio 610 (KILT-AM). Noon to 4pm.
- Eternal Ghandi Museum presents Virtual 1000 Lights for Peace on YouTube & Facebook | Sunday, October 18 | FREE – Celebrate the 151st birthday of Mahatma Gandhi with a virtual commemoration led by the Eternal Ghandi Museum in Southwest Houston. Broadcast on Facebook Live and YouTube. 6pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).