Updated: Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1pm.
Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 21 to Sunday, September 27, 2020.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, September 21 to Sunday, September 27, 2020.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Eureka Heights Beer Dinner at Thistle Draftshop in Spring | Monday, September 21 – Dig into an in-person curated dinner from Eureka Heights’ chef Ernesto Villarreal, featuring five gourmet entrees paired with six tasty Eureka Heights brews in a socially distanced setting. Tickets are $75 per person. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Reopening of the Rothko Chapel | Thursday, September 24 | FREE – Immerse yourself in the calming atmosphere and artwork of the newly renovated Rothko Chapel, open again this week for the first time since March 2019. Official reopening on Thursday; open Wednesday to Sunday 11am to 4pm following.
- Galveston Historical Foundation presents Lost Galveston Live Talk on Facebook Live | Thursday, September 24 | FREE – Take a virtual tour of some of Galveston Island’s forgotten buildings and stories with Brian Davis, author of Lost Galveston and Executive Director of the Louisiana Trust for Historic Preservation. 7pm to 8pm.
- Apollo Chamber Players’ 20×2020 Virtual Festival Episode 9: Four Dreams for String Quartet & Episode 10: Andean Suite | Thursday, September 24 and Sunday, September 27 | FREE – Episodes 9 and 10 of a twenty-part performance series drop this week, featuring original pieces by composer Christopher Walczak on Thursday; composer and guitarist Javier Farias on Sunday, with a special guest appearance by Karina González from Houston Ballet. 7pm both days.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers: Live from Globe Life Park in Arlington on ATT SportsNet-SW | Thursday, September 24 to Sunday, September 27 – A rough-and-tumble regular season comes to a close for the Astros when they face the Texas Rangers in a four-game series, live from Arlington. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show: A Night with Billy D. Washington at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, September 25 – Laugh yourself silly when writer, actor, and standup comedian Billy D. Washington performs live at Rudyard’s comedy room, as well as on their YouTube live stream. Limited tickets for the show range from $20 to $80 for table and in-person attendance; $10 for live stream access on YouTube. 8pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Nashville SC at BBVA Stadium on QuestTEXAS Channel 55 | Saturday, September 26 – Watch as the Houston Dynamo take to the pitch for a hard-fought home turf match against Nashville SC, live from BBVA Stadium on QuestTEXAS Channel 55. 2:30pm.
- Rooftop Drive-In Concert with Blushing and Goodgirl at Axelrad | Saturday, September 26 – Hit up Midtown for a drive-in concert experience set atop the scenic roof of Axelrad, transmitted straight to your FM radio. Shoegaze quartet from Austin, Blushing, and local favorite Goodgirl will perform. Tickets start at $40 per vehicle. 6:30pm to 11:30pm.
- NWSL Fall Series: Houston Dash vs. Orlando Pride at BBVA Stadium on CBS | Saturday, September 26 – Tune in to watch the Houston Dash set their sights on victory as they venture further into the NWSL Fall Series with a match against the Orlando Pride broadcast live from BBVA Stadium in Houston on on KHOU-11. 7:30pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live from Heinz Field on CBS | Sunday, September 27 – The Texans move onto Week 3 in a fresh NFL season, facing the Steelers at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Broadcast live on CBS and local radio. Noon to 4pm.
- Art Crawl at Holler Brewing Co. and Sawyer Yards | Sunday, September 27 | No Cover – Sip on tasty Holler Brewing Co. beers as you check out multiple local art-filled stops around the Sawyer Yards campus at Holler’s first art crawl. Menu item prices vary. 3pm to 6pm.
- Pegstar Concerts presents Tobe Nwigwe: The Pandemic Experience Live Stream Concert | Sunday, September 27 – Get your live music fix from Houston’s own hip-hop sensation, Tobe Nwigwe, when he performs a virtual concert presented by Pegstar Concerts and White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $21 to $101. 5pm to 8pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).