Updated: Monday, September 14, 2020 at 2pm.
Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 14 to Sunday, September 20, 2020.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, September 14 to Sunday, September 20, 2020.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Carry Out with Cochon555: Houston Edition on Zoom | Monday, September 14 through Saturday, September 19 | Postponed – Dig into five evenings of multi-course menus with five Houston chefs when the popular touring competition goes digital with virtual chef-hosted dinners featuring custom carry-out menus for one or two people. $115 for one person; $200 for two people. 6:30pm to 7:15pm nightly.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers: Live from Minute Maid Park on ATT SportsNet-SW | Tuesday, September 15 to Thursday, September 17 – Tune in and root for the hometown heroes as they fight it out against the Texas Rangers on our home turf in a three-game series broadcast live from Minute Maid Park. Times vary.
- Lone Star Flight Museum’s Plane Awesome Trivia Nights on Zoom | Thursday, September 17 – Mingle virtually with other trivia enthusiasts as you flex your aviation knowledge while competing for prizes in support of Lone Star Flight Museum. $250 for a single player, with additional options for teams of four. 7pm.
- Apollo Chamber Players’ 20×2020 Virtual Festival Episode 7: Imágenes de Cuba and Episode 8: Piano Quintet Aleppo & String Quartet in E-flat Major | Thursday, September 17 and Sunday, September 20 – Episodes 7 and 8 of a twenty-part performance series drop this week, featuring original pieces by composer Arthur Gottschalk with special guest percussionist Jesús Pacheco on Thursday and composer Malek Jandalion on Sunday. 7pm.
- Houston Botanic Garden Opening Weekend: Celebrating Latin America | Friday, September 18 to Sunday, September 20 – Stroll among beautiful native flora in a living museum for plants during a weekend filled special programming showcasing the city’s biodiversity at the grand opening of Houston Botanic Garden in South Houston. Tickets are $15; $10 for ages 3 to 15 and students with ID; free for ages 2 and under. 9am to 5pm each day.
- HTX Market at Walking Stick Brewing Company | Friday, September 18 | No Cover – Keep cool at an in-person, evening market featuring plenty of local vendors and artisans at Walking Stick Brewing Company near Shady Acres. No cash will be accepted, only credit cards. 4pm to 5pm.
- States of Mind: Art and American Democracy Opening Reception at Moody Center for the Arts | Friday, September 18 and Saturday, September 19 | FREE – Enjoy two socially distanced art-filled evenings on the Rice campus when the Moody Center’s fall exhibition, States of Mind: Art and American Democracy, kicks off with a DJ set, a live poetry reading, and viewing of artworks rooted in political questions concerning our society, such as voting access, gun control, and immigration policies. 6pm to 8pm both days.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Movie Screening at City Acre Brewing Co. | Friday, September 18 | FREE – Watch Indy save the day at a socially distanced screening of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas’ timeless 1981 adventure Raiders of the Lost Ark starring Harrison Ford. 8pm to 10pm.
- Underbelly Hospitality presents Mastering Spices with Chris Shepherd & Lior Lev Sercarz on Zoom | Saturday, September 19 – Chef Chris Shepherd hosts seasoning expert Lior Lev Sercarz, one of the country’s most sought-after spice aficionados, for an online class where they’ll cook Mediterranean dishes using some of Lior’s favorite spices. Tickets are $150 per couple and include a five-piece spice set from La Boîte, Lior’s spice shop. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Minnesota United FC: Live from BBVA Stadium on QuestTEXAS Channel 55 | Saturday, September 19 – Watch as the Houston Dynamo take to the field to battle it out against Ike Opara, Ozzie Alonzo and the rest of Minnesota United FC, live from BBVA Stadium on QuestTEXAS channel 55. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens: Live from NRG Stadium on CBS | Sunday, September 20 – Cheer the Houston Texans on to victory when they battle a Lamar Jackson-led Baltimore Ravens in their first home game of the year, broadcast live from NRG Stadium on CBS. 3:25pm to 7pm.
- Yo Quiero Brando Bell? at Wooster’s Garden | Sunday, September 20 | No Cover – Live más with Midtown mainstay Wooster’s Garden as chef Brandon Silva serves up his own spin on Taco Bell classics and recently retired favorites. Menu items prices vary. 4pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).