Sit back, relax, and tune in to our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, August 31 to Sunday, September 6, 2020.
Every week, we’re gathering the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Monday, August 31 to Sunday, September 6, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- Chef’s Table: BBQ | Available Tuesday, September 1 | Netflix – Escape to the mouth-watering world of finger-licking barbecue when the Emmy-nominated series Chef’s Table returns to highlight acclaimed chefs in the world of BBQ. Featuring renowned pitmasters from the US, Australia and Mexico, this season will spend time focusing on various styles of cuisine and the innovative cooks that bring their respective communities together in the name of smoked meats.
- Raised by Wolves: Season 1 Premiere | Available Thursday, September 3 | HBO Max – From acclaimed director Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator), this streaming series follows two humanoid robots given the unlikely job of raising human kids on a strange new world after war brings about the destruction of Earth. As the newfound home for mankind begins to be threatened by religious differences, the androids named Mother and Father begin to understand just how hard it is to gain control of human beliefs.
- Alfonso Padilha: Classless | Available Thursday, September 3 | Netflix – Laugh out loud with Brazilian comedian Alfonso Padilha as he muses on funny-as-heck childhood stories, what it’s like growing up poor, his relationship with his mother and more in this hilarious, personal stand-up special. A member of Brazil’s largest stand-up comedy group called “4 Amigos”, Padilha has also written scores of plays, sketches for Comedy Central, released a children’s book entitled Papai, cadê o vovô?, and more while honing his comedic chops over the past decade.
- Mulan (Live Action) | Available Friday, September 4 | Disney+ Premier Access – Included with Disney’s latest Premier Access plan, fans of the acclaimed 1998 animated film can enjoy the live-action remake before it’s available to regular Disney+ subscribers, starting this weekend. Disney’s larger-than-life tale follows the Chinese folk story of Mulan, a brave young woman who risks everything for the love of her country and family only to go down in history as one of the greatest Chinese warriors. With her father unable to serve in the army to fight off Northern invaders, Hua Mulan poses as a war-ready son instead of a daughter to take the place of her fading father. Can Mulan gain the respect of her nation and transform into an honored warrior? Tune in and find out.
- Awoken | Available Sunday, September 6 | Hulu – If you’re in need of a horror flick fix, look no further than this nail-biter that tells the story of Karla, a fledgling medical student who is hell-bent on curing her brother Blake. Suffering from a terminal sleep illness where he’s unable to sleep until death, Blake relies heavily on Karla’s cure—but in her search for a solution, she uncovers a far more menacing reason for his condition.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).