Sit back, relax, and tune in to our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, August 10 to Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Every week, we’re gathering the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Monday, August 10 to Sunday, August 16, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- Rob Schneider: Asian Momma, Mexican Kids Comedy Special | Available Tuesday, August 11 | Netflix – Get a look behind the spotlight and into the home life of comedian, actor, and former Saturday Night Live star Rob Schneider when he gets personal in his first Netflix original comedy special. Asian Momma, Mexican Kids finds Schneider returning to the stage and getting into the nitty-gritty of his personal life through knee-slapping storytelling, his views on love, and even a special guest appearance by his daughter, musician Elle King.
- The One and Only Ivan | Available Friday, August 14 | Disney+ – Based on the award-winning book from Katherine Applegate, Disney’s The One and Only Ivan tells the story of an amazing bond between a baby elephant named Ruby and Ivan, a 400-lb silverback gorilla. Set in a joint habitat within a shopping mall, the wholesome story kicks off when Ruby, separated from her parents in the wild, arrives and strikes a chord within Ivan, who begins to question his own life, where he comes from and where he wants to be.
- Project Power | Available Friday, August 14 | Netflix – An unlikely team must join together in the name of all that’s good when a drug that gifts users momentary superhuman powers lands in the city of New Orleans. Can a Louisiana cop, a young drug dealer, and an ex-soldier come together to take down the team that made this horrible creation?
- Birds Of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Available Saturday, August 15 | HBO Max – Margot Robbie, the breakout Austrailian actress (I, Tonya; Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; The Wolf of Wallstreet), stars as infamous anti-hero Harley Quinn in this action-packed film based on comic book characters. When Quinn’s tumultuous breakup with the Joker places a huge target on her, she winds up on the lam, facing violence from every who’s who in the city’s criminal underworld. Teaming up with three female assassins (Black Canary, Renee Montoya and Tune Huntress), Quinn looks to even the odds.
- Behind You | Available Sunday, August 16 | Hulu – If you’re looking to get your horror fix, this is the film for you. Two curious sisters are struck by the extremely odd discovery that every mirror in their alienated aunt’s home has been hidden away. But when they find a lone mirror in the basement, they can’t begin to anticipate what kind of hell will be unleashed by the wrath of a hostile demon.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).