Updated: Monday, August 10, 2020 at 11:11am.
Make the most of your week with our top 11 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 10 to Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, August 10 to Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2020 | Daily – H-Town’s ever-popular month-long dining event dominates August, complete with a new takeout option, offering up multi-course, fixed-price menus at almost 200 establishments around greater Houston. For every meal sold, $1 will be donated to Houston Food Bank. $20 lunches and brunches; $35 or $45 for dinners.
- Houston Astros vs. San Francisco Giants: Live from Minute Maid Park on ATT SportsNet-SW | Monday, August 10 to Wednesday, August 12 – The boys in orange are back in town to battle the San Francisco Giants in a three game series broadcast live from Minute Maid Park. Times vary.
- Summer Camp: Pilot Maker at Lone Star Flight Museum | Tuesday, August 11 through Friday, August 14 – Send your favorite 10- to 12-year old to a four-day summer camp focuses on flight school basic training and the T-6 Texan, a simulator known as the “Pilot-maker”. $175; $150 for members and active military. Daily from 10:30am to 3:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs on ATT Sportsnet-SW & ESPN | Tuesday, August 11 – Rally behind the Rockets when they tip off against their Texas rivals from San Antonio in one of the final seeding games ahead of the playoffs next week. 1pm.
- Art For Action: Virtual Mural Installation at Stewart Beach on Facebook Live | Thursday, August 13 | FREE – Tune in to Galveston Island’s first virtual beach day with a live mural creation on Stewart Beach by local artist Gabriel Prusmack, live music, a total of $1000 in prize giveaways awarded every 15 minutes, surprise guest appearances, and more. 2pm to 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Philadelphia 76ers on ATT Sportsnet-SW & ESPN | Friday, August 14 – Watch the Rockets wrap up the first phase of the NBA restart, locking in playoff seeds for high-stakes games that begin next week. 3pm.
- Walmart Drive-In Theater Pop-Up Movie Screenings in Spring Branch | Friday, August 14 and Saturday, August 15 | FREE – RSVP in advance to catch film screenings of Friday Night Lights and Selena in the parking lot of the Houston Walmart on Silber Road, just west of the 610 Loop. Advance RSVP required. 7:30pm both nights.
- One Year Anniversary Party at Braeswood Farmers Market | Saturday, August 15 | No Cover – Celebrate the market’s first anniversary with an in-person anniversary party chock-full of raffle items, live DJ sets, and items from local vendors. 9am to 1pm.
- FotoFest presents Creative Conversations/Digital: Rosana Paulino with Martha Scott Burton on Zoom and YouTube Live | Saturday, August 15 | FREE – Listen in when FotoFest hosts a conversation between artist Rosana Paulino and curator Martha Scott Burton based on Paulino’s work, Das Avós (2019), which was featured in the FotoFest Biennial 2020 African Cosmologies exhibition. Q&A follows. 2pm to 3:30pm.
- Rocketman Drive-In Movie Screening at Shady Acres Saloon | Saturday, August 15 – Catch one of two screenings of the larger-than-life biopic about British musician Sir Elton John’s epic rise to pop fame. $30 per vehicle. 7:30pm and 10pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).