Hear the latest music with our picks that dropped today, Friday, August 7, 2020.
We’ve begun compiling the latest songs, albums, and EPs for #NewReleaseFriday to keep you vibing all weekend long.
So set your mood lighting, prepare your living room dance floor or just relax with headphones on and read on to find what’s new to listen to this weekend.
What’s New to Listen to This Week
- Limbo by Aminè | Album – Portland rapper Aminè releases his second studio album, Limbo, featuring special guests like Charlie Wilson, Young Thug, Summer Walker and more. The album mixes both old school and modern hip-hop with guitar hooks and fresh beats. Hear on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “Daylight” by Joji and Diplo | Single – Pop singer-songwriter Joji teams up with producer Diplo for the single, “Daylight.” Joji sings melancholic lyrics on a slick, clean track that calls back to funk with catchy bass licks and a prominent drum beat. Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- Purple Noon by Washed Out | Album – Ernest Weatherly Greene Jr., aka Washed Out, delivers an ’80s sounding record along with his signature chillwave and atmospheric production. Standout tracks by the indie singer-songwriter include “Paralyzed” and “Time to Walk Away.” Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “Aquí Yo Mando” by Kali Uchis and Rico Nasty | Single – Hear the lastest song by Colombian pop singer-songwriter Kali Uchis and rapper Rico Nasty. On this trap Spanglish single titled “Aquí Yo Mando,” Kali Uchis and Rico Nasty remind everyone who’s boss. Hear on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- Born Here Live Here Die Here by Luke Bryan | Album – Luke Bryan goes back to basics on his new 10-track album, Born Here Live Here Die Here. The country singer showcases classic storytelling on “For A Boat” and pays tribute to a more ’80s country sound on songs like “Little Less Broken” and “Too Drunk To Drive.” Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “WAP” by Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion | Single – “Hot Girl Summer” is officially back when Bronx rapper Cardi B partners with Houston-native Megan Thee Stallion for the raunchy and sexy anthem, “WAP.” The “I Like It” and “Savage” rap divas bring the fierceness on every verse for the Not-Safe-For-Work track. Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).