Updated: Monday, August 3, 2020 at 2:15pm.
Make the most of your week with our top 11 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 3 to Sunday, August 9, 2020.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, August 3 to Sunday, August 9, 2020.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2020 | Daily – H-Town’s ever-popular month-long dining event dominates August, complete with a new takeout option, offering up multi-course, fixed-price menus at almost 200 establishments around greater Houston. For every meal sold, $1 will be donated to Houston Food Bank. $20 lunches and brunches; $35 or $45 for dinners.
- Summer Camp: Crafty Aircraft at Lone Star Flight Museum | Tuesday, August 4 through Friday, August 7 – Designed for ages 8 to 9, the four-day summer camp focuses on various flying inventions with children building different machines daily to take home after testing them out at camp. $175; $150 for members and active military. Daily from 10:30am to 3:30pm.
- Midtown Houston presents Virtual: Teach You Tuesday Craft Beer with Under the Radar Brewery on Facebook Live | Tuesday, August 4 | FREE – Learn all about how craft beer is made from the folks behind Under the Radar Brewery while pairing a delicious beer with a mouth-watering slice of pizza from TheGypsyPoet (15% discounts available to students on the day of the class). 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- 50 Cent First Wednesday Anniversary Celebration at Kolache Shoppe in The Heights | Wednesday, August 5 – Celebrate 50 years of delicious breakfast bites with 50-cent kolaches at the Kolache Shoppe’s Heights location and drive-thru. 7am until supplies last.
- Drive In at The Island: Disney’s Moana Movie Screening at Island Grill Rice Village | Wednesday, August 5 – Answer the ocean’s call while watching Disney’s epic animated film, Moana, during a socially distanced drive-in movie night at Island Grill in Rice Village. $40 per vehicle. Gate at 7:30pm; film at 8:30pm.
- McGonigel’s Mucky Duck presents Amanda Pascali & the Family in Concert on Facebook & YouTube Live | Thursday, August 6 | FREE – Get your folk music fix when the acclaimed singer-songwriter and 2019 Kerrville New Folk finalist, Amanda Pascali and the Family, hit the virtual stage during McGonigel’s Mucky Duck’s virtual concert series. 7pm.
- 2020 CultureMap Houston Tastemaker Awards Virtual Edition | Thursday, August 6 – Celebrate Houston’s restaurant and bar talent in this live award show ceremony where industry peers pick the winners. $75; live stream only free with registration. 7pm.
- 10th Annual Mayor’s Back 2 School Fest at NRG Park | Friday, August 7 and Saturday, August 8 | FREE – Taking place as a drive-thru event this year in accordance with CDC pandemic protocols, the annual event distributes food, masks, backpacks, and school supplies to families of Houston-area elementary students. 8am to 2pm both days.
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market on Buffalo Speedway | Saturday, August 8 | No Cover – Houston’s mainstay farmers market continues, along with drive-thru service for guests who place orders in advance. Expect fresh options and craft goods from more than 70 local vendors and food producers. 8am to 12:30pm.
- Sound Healing Meditation in the Cistern at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, August 8 – Relax and meditate in a safe, socially-distanced environment inside the massive Buffalo Bayou Cistern. Featuring wind chimes and singing bowls, guests can work towards inner-peace while within the echoing depths of one of our city’s most beloved hidden gems. $15. 9am to 9:45am.
- Blood Drive at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, August 8 | FREE – The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center offers up a chance to give back to Houstonians in need at a midday blood drive inside Memorial Park. Appointments required. 10am to 2:30pm.
- Almost Famous Drive-In Movie Screening at Shady Acres Saloon | Saturday, August 8 – Catch a live screening of the Academy Award-winning 2000 film chronicling the coming of age tale of a 15-year-old music fan who lands an assignment from Rolling Stone Magazine. $30 per vehicle. 7:30pm and 10:45pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).