Hear the latest music with our picks that dropped today, Friday, July 31, 2020.
We’ve begun compiling the latest songs, albums, and EPs for #NewReleaseFriday to keep you vibing all weekend long.
So set your mood lighting, prepare your living room dance floor or just relax with headphones on and read on to find what’s new to listen to this weekend.
What’s New to Listen to This Week
- The Lion King: The Gift (Deluxe Edition) by Beyoncé | Album – Queen B is back with an album that celebrates the black experience in The Lion King: The Gift (Deluxe Edition). Based on the soundtrack of Disney’s 2019 remake of The Lion King, the album reimagines the message of the movie. Featuring stars like Childish Gambino, Kendrick Lamar, Tierra Whack and more, the album also has a companion in a stunning visual production, Black is King, streaming on Disney+. Stream the album on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, or watch the visual on Disney+.
- “My Future” by Billie Eilish | Single – Pop-singer and songwriter Billie Eilish is having a moment of self-reflection and self-love on her latest single, “My Future.” The song begins quietly with her signature mellow vocals before taking a left turn about halfway through to a more up-tempo pace laced with hopeful lyrics like “I’m in love with my future.” Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “Whole New Mess” by Angel Olsen | Single – Hear the latest from indie singer-songwriter Angel Olsen as she previews her new album with the title track, “Whole New Mess.” Olsen goes back to basics and showcases her songwriting on a stripped down track that features just a guitar and vocals. Hear on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- B7 by Brandy | Album – Known for her acting career and hits in the ’90s like “I Wanna Be Down” and “The Boy Is Mine”, Brandy is back with B7, her first new record in over 8 years. The R&B singer takes more creative control than ever and collaborates with Chance the Rapper on the super catchy “Baby Mama”, as well as with R&B singer-songwriter Daniel Caesar on “Love Again.” Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong by Dominic Fike | Album – Alternative hip-hop singer and rapper Dominic Fike releases his highly anticipated album, What Could Possibly Go Wrong. The Gen Z artist, known for mixing genres like emo, rock, and rap, puts out a carefree album perfect for summer. Stand out tracks include the hooky “Chicken Tenders” and the guitar-driven “Double Negative (Skeleton Negative).” Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).