Sit back, relax, and tune in with our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, July 13 to Sunday, July 19, 2020.
We’re compiling the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Monday, July 13 to Sunday, July 19, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- The Business of Drugs | Available Tuesday, July 14 | Netflix – Hellbent on getting to the bottom of the illegal drug industry’s impact on society, a former CIA officer gets into the nitty-gritty of six substances in this documentary. If you’ve ever wondered how illegal substances can easily push folks into scary or sometimes deadly situations, officer Amaryllis Fox will help you understand the origin, business, and economics behind the industry.
- Into the Dark: The Current Occupant: New Episode | Available Friday, July 17 | Hulu – A horror anthology from the folks behind Paranormal Activity and Get Out, each episode of this goosebump-inducing series is inspired by the corresponding holiday for each month’s release. More individual short films than connected episodes, the show spotlights new voices in horror and presents a horrifying opportunity for up-and-coming creators who have been cherry-picked by the production house to try their hand at writing/directing each episode.
- Secret Society of Second-Born Royals | Available Friday, July 17 | Disney+ – This film follows a young royal named Sam who, unfortunately for her, isn’t next in line to the throne of the kingdom she holds dear. The unruly princess begins to lose interest in her royal upbringing because of its lackluster future, but is surprised to find out that she is a part of a hidden society, capable of extraordinary powers. Tasked with helping maintain peace and harmony in her kingdom, Sam is invited to join a group of similar, second-born royals all charged with keeping the world safe. With the help of their trusty teacher James, Sam and the rest of the freshmen class must learn to wield their new-found powers before they can take the reigns as protectors of the kingdom.
- Absentia: Season 3 Premiere | Available Friday, July 17 | Amazon Prime – Picking up after the tumultuous events that transpired in season two, the series continues with main character Emily as she nears the tail-end of her suspension from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. When a recent case winds up threatening the lives of her family members, Emily must quickly unravel the deadly conspiracy all while somehow learning to trust her others, her own instincts or else. Try Amazon Prime free for 30 days.
- Cursed: Series Premiere | Available Friday, July 17 | Netflix – Wielding a legendary sword and supernatural powers, a young fighter named Nimue must join forces with a soldier named Arthur if they stand a chance of saving her people. Based on the New York Times bestselling book, Cursed this new debut from Netflix reimagines the legend of King Arthur as seen through the lens of a young, gifted girl destined for greatness. Facing religious persecution, fraught wars, and the impossible task of saving the world as she knows it, tune in to find out if Nimue can muster the courage to defeat the evil Red Paladins and the horrible King Uther.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).