Updated: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 11am.
Make the most of your week with our top twelve event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 13 to Sunday, July 19, 2020.
Planning your week these days may be challenging—but fear not, we’ve gathered our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
That said, be sure to check back in the coming days, as this list is a work in progress that we’ll be adding to in real-time as new events emerge. If you know of an event, please email us at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
So check below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, July 13 to Sunday, July 19, 2020.
Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Black Restaurant Week Houston 2020 | Daily – Feast on fine foods from some of Houston’s best black-owned restaurants with specials and prix fixe menus during Black Restaurant Week Houston through Sunday, July 19, 2020.
- #BlackLivesMatter – Time for Change! Virtual Exhibition at ArchwayGallery.com | Daily – Browse striking and powerful art in an online art exhibition from multiple member artists from Archway Gallery in Montrose. Free to view.
- Summer Camp: Crafty Aircraft at Lone Star Flight Museum | Starts Tuesday, July 14 – Designed for 8- and 9-year-olds, this four-day summer camp from our friends at Lone Star Flight Museum is dedicated to different wonders of flight. Kids will immerse themselves in rockets, helicopters and more and learn about the science behind the machines that lead to their invention. $175; $150 for museum members and active military. Additional daycare available. 10:30am to 3:30pm daily.
- Deeper Dive with Buffalo Bayou Partnership: Buffalo Bayou East Master Plan Overview Online | Thursday, July 16 | FREE – In the second week of the three-part series, BBP Project Manager Jose Solis presents an overview of the eastward renovation of the shoreline and parks along Buffalo Bayou. Advance registration is required. 1:30pm.
- Market Square Park presents Virtual Blanket Bingo on BingoMaker.com | Thursday, July 16 | FREE – Hosted by local comedian Mills McCoin, this virtual edition of Market Square Park’s always popular event series offers players $50 gift cards to beloved eateries in Downtown. 7pm to 9pm.
- Discovery Green presents Genesis Blu in Concert on Facebook Live | Thursday, July 16 | FREE – Catch a performance by Houston-based “raptivist” Genesis Blue, filmed on the striking grounds of Houston’s official front yard. 7pm to 8pm.
- Houston Grand Opera Live in Studio: Sing! Move! Play! Virtual Event on Facebook Live | Friday, July 17 | FREE – Celebrating some of opera’s most famous songs, this virtual, live program aimed towards children in grades Pre-K to 2nd grade is jam-packed with melody, rhythm, and other creative workshops. Children will be lead through the music from an entire opera, adapted for young audiences by an HGO instructor. 10am to 11am.
- New Edition Night Light Bike Ride in 3rd Ward | Friday, July 17 – Cruise the city streets when 3rd Ward Tours hosts a New Edition playlist Night Light Bike Ride. At the music-themed glowing lights bike riding event, participants will explore inner city Houston on LED bikes and ride listening to a curated playlist from the iconic ’80s group from, New Edition. Tickets are $11.37; $24.36 for an LED bike rental. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- 2020 Challenge Cup Quarterfinals: Houston Dash vs. Utah Royals on CBS All Access | Friday, July 17 | FREE – Cheer on the Houston Dash when they go up against the Utah Royals during this live-streamed sporting event taking place in Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. 9pm to 11pm.
- Midsummer Dream Contemporary Art Exhibition Opening Reception at Jack Rabbit Gallery | Saturday, July 18 | FREE – Enjoy an opening reception for Jack Rabbit Gallery’s newest group exhibition, Midsummer Dream. Located in the Heights, this in-person reception and show features original work from local artist. 6pm to 9pm.
- Summer Movie Nights: The Lion King (2019) Movie Screening at Redemption Square | Saturday, July 18 | FREE – Catch a free screening of Disney’s 2019 live action remake of the 1994 film, The Lion King at Redemption Square. The movie features the voices of Beyoncé, Donald Glover, and John Oliver. 8pm.
- Love & Make’s In-Person DIY Workshops in Rice Village | Daily – Try your hands at making your own candles, fragrances, virtual candle and soap making workshops, and more at the popular headquarters for stylish do-it-yourself crafting and gifting in Rice Village. Times and prices vary.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, food, limited event, and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Explore countless options for at home entertainment, fun, dining “out” at home, and more.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).