Sit back, relax, and tune in with our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, July 6 to Sunday, July 12, 2020.
We’re compiling the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Monday, July 6 to Sunday, July 12, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- Jim Jefferies: Intolerant | Available Tuesday, July 7 | Netflix – Australian-American stand-up comedian, actor, and writer, Jim Jefferies is back for his fourth Netflix Original stand-up special. Known for his brand of off-color jokes, Intolerant finds Jefferies broaching topics including hot takes on millennials, his unwillingness to accept food allergies, and more about the shifting sociological landscape.
- Mucho Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado | Available Wednesday, July 8 | Netflix – Beloved Puerto Rican psychic and astrologer Walter Mercado breaks down milestone moments throughout his famed cult-status career, personal life, and his dramatic break from show business. This documentary sheds light on the eccentric television personality’s larger-than-life persona, warm heart, and how on earth he could disappear at the top of his game.
- Close Enough | Available Thursday, July 9 | HBO Max – This highly-anticipated animated series from HBO makes its network debut this month and follows a couple in their 20s fast-approaching their 30s. Based in Los Angeles, the hilarious, surreal show finds the millennial pair, their five-year-old daughter, and their divorced friends (who all live together) doing their best to steer through this transitional period while navigating the nuances that come with facing a new decade of decisions.
- Palm Springs | Available Friday, July 10 | Hulu – Starring Andy Samberg (SNL and Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and Cristin Milioti (How I Met Your Mother), this film finds the two meeting for the first time at a wedding in Palm Springs and instantly connecting, though not under the best of circumstances. Stuck in a 24-hour time loop (à la Groundhog Day), the two find themselves unable to get away from the wedding, their own inner turmoil or one another. Can they figure out how to escape? And if not, can they learn to accept their new reality? Find out for yourself later this week.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story | Available Friday, July 10 | Disney+ – Follow a Young Han Solo hungry for adventure as he makes the acquaintance of a nearly 200-year-old Wookie named Chewy and other intergalactic bootleggers. Under the thumb of a gangster and in need of settling a debt, Han hatches a heist for the ages. But before he can wipe away his debts, he’ll need a fast enough ship for the job. Luckily for Solo, Lando Calrissian has got the picture-perfect vehicle for the task. Enter the Millenium Falcon.
- The Old Guard | Available Friday, July 10 | Netflix – Starring Charlize Theron, this summer blockbuster from Netflix finds a team of immortals who have secretly protected the planet for centuries—until someone is ready to give away their secret. Armed with the innate ability to heal themselves, the group must fight for their lives, to protect their freedom, and to continue protecting society as we know it.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).