Sit back, relax, and tune in with our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, June 29 to Sunday, July 5, 2020.
We’re compiling the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Monday, June 29 to Sunday, July 5, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- George Lopez: We’ll Do It For Half | Available Tuesday, June 30 | Netflix – Legendary comedian George Lopez returns to the stage to make his Netflix comedy special debut. True to his roots, Lopez brings to life stories involving topics including the political landscape, culture, and lessons learned in a life well-lived. Taped in San Francisco, this 60-minute special hilariously breaks down cultural differences, office etiquette, and more animated observations by Lopez.
- The Whistlers | Available Thursday, July 2 | Hulu – A whistleblower working for the mafia named Cristi has infiltrated the police force in Romania. Cristi must embark on a voyage to La Gomera Island to master a secret whistling language, use this coded language to communicate with the mob bosses, bust a prisoner out of police custody, and use the prisoner’s knowledge of where more than 30 million euros are stashed. Can Cristi pull off this heart-racing heist? Tune in to find out.
- Hamilton | Available Friday, July 3 | Disney+ – The highly-praised musical heard ’round the world is finally breaking from the stage and coming to a TV near you. Fans who were never able to score tickets for the show can take heart knowing they’ll be able to watch a stellar sold-out performance from the comfort of their homes. A Pulitzer Prize-winning musical created by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the finally-filmed play tells the story of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton while drawing on hip-hop, R&B, soul and more to tell the story of the founding fathers. Starring a non-white cast, Hamilton tells the story of yesterday’s America as told by America today.
- Los Futbolismos (The Footballest) | Available Friday, July 3 | HBO Max – Adapted from the popular Spanish children’s book series by Roberto Santiago, Los Futbolismos finds a young Francisco and his pals playing for a hopelessly bad soccer team. On top of that, now they have the unfortunate task of proving they can win at least one of their upcoming games to keep the faculty from ditching the soccer program in place of the school’s choir. Determined to save their team, Francisco is up for the task, but something’s amiss in their first couple of games. Is foul play at hand? Enter “The Footballest”, a private investigator team lead by Francisco that won’t stop at anything to get to the bottom of the debacle.
- Hanna: Season 2 Premiere | Available Friday, July 3 | Amazon Prime – Once part of a CIA program code name Utrax, where children’s DNA was enhanced to create super-soldiers, we find 15-year-old, escapee Hanna on the run and entrusted with the task of rescuing fellow trainee Clara from the clutches of Utrax. With the CIA’s orders to shut down the project and eliminate all the children involved, it’s a race against the clock for Hanna to save Clara and, what’s more, figure out where she belongs in the world post-experiment. Try Amazon Prime free for 30 days.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).