Hear the latest music with our picks for what’s new to listen to this weekend, debuting Friday, June 26 to Sunday, June 28, 2020.
We’ve begun compiling the latest songs, albums, and EPs for #NewReleaseFriday to keep you vibing all weekend long.
So set your mood lighting, prepare your living room dance floor or just relax with headphones on and read on to find what’s new to listen to this weekend.
What’s New to Listen to This Weekend
- What’s Your Pleasure? by Jessie Ware | Album – The much-anticipated record by English singer-songwriter Jessie Ware comes out with plenty of dance bops. What’s Your Pleasure? mixes nostalgic sounds of disco and ’80s music with a modern twist. Stand out tracks include “Save A Kiss” and “Spotlight.” Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- Women in Music Part III by Haim | Album – Hear the newest collection of songs by the indie rock-pop sister trio, Haim. Known for their quirky lyrics and clever harmonies, Women in Music Part III gives off summer vibes with songs like “I Know Alone” and “The Steps.” Stream now on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “Girls in the Hood” by Megan Thee Stallion | Single – Just in time for “Hot Girl Summer,” Houston-native Megan Thee Stallion releases the summer jam, “Girls in the Hood.” The hooky hip-hop song samples the Eazy-E/N.W.A. single “Boyz-n-the-Hood.” Hear on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- Mordechai by Khruangbin | Album – Step into the psychedelic atmosphere from Houston’s own Khruangbin with their newest album, Mordechai. Jam out to catchy basslines, funky guitar licks, and soulful beats with songs like “So We Don’t Forget” and “Time (You and I).” Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “March March” by The Chicks | Single – The Dixie Chicks, now known as just The Chicks, are back with their newest single for their upcoming album, Gaslighter. The political protest track, March March, includes lyrics that ask for change paired with a music video of people marching the streets in recent Black Lives Matter protests. Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).