Hear the latest music with our picks for what’s new to listen to this weekend, debuting Juneteenth, Friday, June 19 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 21, 2020.
We’ve begun compiling the latest songs, albums, and EPs for #NewReleaseFriday to keep you vibing all weekend long.
So set your mood lighting, prepare your living room dance floor or just relax with headphones on and read on to find what’s new to listen to this weekend.
What’s New to Listen to This Weekend
- “Lockdown” by Anderson Paak | Single – In light of the ongoing global protests against police brutality, the singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist, Anderson Paak, releases the mid-tempo hip-hop track, “Lockdown.” Hear on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- Punisher by Phoebe Bridgers | Album – The indie-folk singer-songwriter, Phoebe Bridgers releases her sophomore album, Punisher. The record includes special appearances from Conor Oberst, Lucy Dacus, Julien Baker, Nick Zinner and more. Hear mellow catchy tunes like “Kyoto” and “Garden Song,” perfect for a slow weekend. Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- The Album by Teyana Taylor | Album – Hear The Album by the R&B and pop singer, actress, and choreographer, Teyana Taylor. Taylor, known for working with Kanye West, releases 23 tracks that includes some of the biggest names in R&B and hip-hop like Missy Elliot, Erykah Badu, Future, Ms. Lauryn Hill and more. Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal.
- Rough and Rowdy Ways by Bob Dylan | Album – The 39th studio album by legendary singer-songwriter Bob Dylan showcases his signature style of clever lyricism with folk-rock instrumentation. Hear on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “I Can’t Breathe” by H.E.R. | Single – The R&B songstress, Gabriella Wilson, aka as H.E.R., gives an emotional performance with her new powerful protest song, “I Can’t Breathe.” The track features somber acoustic guitar and a smooth but moving vocal delivery. Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
- “Mi Niña” by Ozuna | Single – Jam to the newest single by Ozuna, a Puerto Rican reggaeton and Latin trap singer. Known as the “New King of Reggaeton,” Ozuna sings about the love he has for his daughter in “Mi Niña.” Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).