Chill out with a shaved ice treat from Houston’s coolest snow cone shops this summer.
When the temps are topping out, it’s hard to beat the cool, crisp crunch of ice drizzled with favorite flavors and toppings—sometimes stuffed with ice cream.
Before you head out in search of the perfect snow cone, check out some of our top picks for your new summer hangout spot to cool off from the stifling heat.
Top Snow Cone & Shaved Ice Spots Around Houston
Downtown, Heights & Third Ward
- Bahama Buck’s in multiple locations – Serving up “the greatest sno on Earth,” Bahama Buck’s can be found at eight locations across the Greater Houston area, from Pearland and Sugar Land to Spring and Minute Maid Park. The island-inspired shop features a menu of light and airy sno topped with gourmet flavors alongside smoothies, Frostalattés, Paradise Fruit and other unique treats. Click here for more information.
- Friohana Shave Ice at Buffalo Bayou Park – The popular mobile shave ice shop can usually be found at 103 Sabine Street, on the east side of Buffalo Bayou Park, serving up all natural classic flavors, as well as seasonal drizzles like tamarindo, watermelon and basil, pineapple habanero and more. Click here for more information.
- Sno Dreamz in Southwest Houston and Third Ward – Let your cares melt away with a New Orleans-style sno ball from one of two Houston Sno Dreamz locations. Enjoy flavors like Blackberry, Wild Berry, Bloody Mary and Cactus Juice, topped with sweetened condensed milk, sour spray and Kool-Aid. If you’re hungry, pair up your frozen treat with snacks like a Frito Pie to satisfy your appetite. Click here for more information.
- Tampico Refresqueria in The Heights and Northside – Enjoy traditional Mexican raspas from this long-time stand with flavors like tamarindo and Mexican vanilla alongside classic flavors with crema, chamoy, ice cream, and mangonada toppings. Click here for more information.
Spring & North Houston
- Buzzles Shaved Ice in Tomball and Spring – With three locations in Spring and one in Tomball, Buzzles is blending the worlds of New Orleans flavors with Hawaiian-style shaved ice year round. Take your pick from their flavors of the week, like Red Velvet Cake and Harry Potter Butterbeer, or drizzle your favorite with a topping of cream. Click here for more information.
- Flamingo Chill in North Houston – On Airline Drive, this family-owned spot offers tropical treats, classic raspas, and food for the hungry like nachos, funnel cakes, and churros. Click here for more information.
- Hawaiian Paradise Refresqueria in Northwest Houston – Savor all natural flavors at this food trailer parked on Little York, with dozens of classic and traditional raspas drizzlings, as well as ice cream treats, mangonadas, smoothies and snacks. Click here for more information.
- Unicorn Snow Cones in Spring Branch – Stationed mostly out at Westview, this mobile pink truck may pop up around the ‘hood or at birthdays and private events, so keep an eye on their social media so you don’t miss out on their infamous candy-topped snow cones with names like Dino Magic and Unicorn Rainbow. The conscious shop also uses 100% cane sugar and biodegradable cups and spoons so you can enjoy with peace of mind. Click here for more information.
Katy & West Houston
- Bahama Mama’s in Katy – For over 25 years, this local favorite has drawn numbers to chill out in their outdoor-only patio with shaved ice flavors like Wedding Cake, Banana, Blue Coconut and many more. Make it a special treat by asking for it “stuffed” with vanilla ice cream. Click here for more information.
- Texas Shaved Ice Express in Barker Cypress – This drive thru-only spot on the westside of Houston is serving up classic, natural and sugar-free flavors for refreshing treats in the tough Texas heat. Click here for more information.
- Texas Sno in Katy – This Katy hot spot for cool treats is sure to delight all tastebuds with fine, fluffy snoballs and flavors like Banana Pudding, Strawberry Cheesecake, Mango and Piña Colada, topped with Chamoy, Tajin and Condensed Milk or fresh fruit. While there, give a howdy to the cows that call next door home. Click here for more information.
- Tutti Treats in West Houston – In the Galleria area, this New Orleans-style snoball truck has a menu filled with delicious, ice-cold treats with dozens of sno ball flavors, milkshakes, ice cream, and adult-only sno-daiquiris. Click here for more information.
Pearland, Richmond & South Houston
- AJ’s Snowcones in Pearland – The mobile snowcone shop can be found in neighborhoods around Pearland (so be sure to check their social media before heading out), serving up classic shaved ice flavors, sundaes, and snacks. Click here for more information.
- Gabby’s Snow Cones in Richmond – Shaved ice, milkshakes, micheladas and tasty snacks highlight this Richmond snowcone shop’s biggest draws to beat the heat. Click here for more information.
- Sandy’s Sno Cone Stand in Richmond – If you’re looking to cool down, Sandy’s Sno Cone Stand offers up shaved ice treats with delicious toppings, as well as milkshakes, sundaes, and savory snacks. Click here for more information.
- Weekley’s Shaved Ice & Snacks in Manvel – Just south of Pearland, you can pick your size, pick a flavor, or—if you just can’t decide—pick a flight of four shaved ice treats, crowned with a variety of toppings that range from basic to bold like gummy bears or chopped pickles. If you have a sensitive diet, Weekley’s also offers sugar-free and keto options. Click here for more information.
- Yum-Yum Snowballs in Alief – This summer spot off Bissonnet Street serves a menu bursting with dozens of classic flavors (including sugar-free options), toppings, and fresh fruit bowls. Click here for more information.
Deer Park, Webster & East Houston
- Crazy A’s New Orleans Style Snowballs in Webster – The colorful New Orleans-themed shop features a spread of outdoor tables (covered, of course) and more than four dozen flavors that can be mixed and matched, along with cream flavor toppings. Click here for more information.
- Kahuna Joe’s Hawaiian Shave Ice in League City – Cool down with Kahuna Joe’s traditional Hawaiian shave ice specialties, drizzled with hand-made fruit flavor syrups, cream toppings, and scoops of ice cream. Click here for more information.
- Sno Beach in Friendswood – Grab a spot under their tiki shade and cool off with colorful snow cones bursting with flavor at this Friendswood frozen treat shop. Click here for more information.
- Snoball Hut & The Popcorn Hut in Webster – Blending the sweet and savory, this spot offers plenty of chances to come back with 200 hand-made flavors (with sugar free options) to choose from alongside and extensive menu of gourmet popcorn. Click here for more information.
- The Tropical Chill in Deer Park – This snowball shop has called Deer Park home for decades, offering up several dozen flavors, specialties and fruit chills. Click here for more information.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).