Sit back, relax, and tune in with our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, June 8 to Sunday, June 14, 2020.
We’ve begun compiling the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Monday, June 8 to Sunday, June 14, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- The Best of The Bachelor: Series Premiere | Available Tuesday, June 9 | Hulu – A 10-part recap focusing on the popular series’ “most dramatic episodes ever”, The Best of The Bachelor lets folks revisit the Bachelor mansion with host Chris Harrison for all the most eye-brow raising moments. Full of series favorites, you’ll cringe, laugh and shed tears while looking back on some of the most emotional meltdowns, drama-ladened rose ceremonies, unexpected proposals, breakups and more. In addition to the flashbacks, the weekly show will also include visits from past Bachelor co-stars.
- Curon: Series Premiere | Available Wednesday, June 10 | Netflix – After nearly two decades, a mother returns to her hometown with her twin children. When she disappears out of nowhere, her children, Mauro and Daria, face down more than just their mother’s disappearance. A dark family secret. Staring down a side of their family they’d never dreamed of, the brave pair will soon learn you can only run so far from who you are before it finds you.
- Infinity Train: Season 2 Premiere | Available Wednesday, June 10 | HBO Max – Stuck on a speeding, fantastical train filled with infinite universes, a young kid named Tulip is trying to find her way home. Each season, thought of as a “book”, follows a different cast of characters as they struggle to find a way to leave the train. Picking up at the second season, the series focuses on Tulip’s mirror reflection, who is on the lamb from police attempting to apprehend her for abandoning her job as Tulip’s reflection. Featuring a new train passenger named Jesse as well as Alan Dracula, a quiet deer with magical powers, Tulip must help Jesse escape the train by learning how to stand up for what’s right as well as for himself.
- Da 5 Bloods | Available Friday, June 12 | Netflix – The latest film from highly-regarded, Academy Award-winning director Spike Lee, comes the tale of a group of African-American Vietnam veterans who return to the country in search of their fallen commander’s remains. The heroes must fight one more battle to lay their comrade’s body to rest while being faced with their inescapable past.
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian Episode 107 “Score” | Available Friday, June 12 | Disney+ – Join Ludwig Göransson inside his recording studio where he’ll break down how The Mandalorian’s musical elements were conceived. Afterwards, follow Göransson from the studio to the stage to see first-hand how the music was recorded with a live orchestra. Try Disney+ free for 7 days.
- Knives Out | Available Friday, June 12 | Amazon Prime – If you were a fan of Clue or other “whodunits”, you’ll love this film. When a famed crime novelist named Harlan Thrombey is discovered lifeless at his mansion, the overly-curious Detective Benoit Blanc (played by Daniel Craig) is hired to settle if the death is a case of foul play. From the novelists staff to his riff raff-filled family, the detective (and the audience) must painstakingly search to find the truth hidden in plain sight. Try Amazon Prime free for 30 days.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).