Updated: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 5:49pm
Make the most of your week with our event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 1 to Sunday, June 7, 2020.
Planning your week these days may be challenging—but fear not, we’ve gathered our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
That said, be sure to check back in the coming days, as this list is a work in progress that we’ll be adding to in real-time as new events emerge. If you know of an event, please email us at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
So check below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, June 1 to Sunday, June 7, 2020.
Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Midtown Houston presents Virtual: Teach You Tuesday with Picked Flower Co. on Facebook Live | Tuesday, June 2 | FREE – Join Midtown Houston virtually to learn a new craft for Teach You Tuesday on Facebook Live. For June, they’ve partnered with Picked Flower Co. to create summer floral hoops that can be given as gifts or used for decoration, photo backdrops, or wedding bouquets. This event will be held on Midtown Houston’s Facebook Page. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Houston Cinema Arts Society presents Leap and the Net Will Appear: Virtual Concert | Wednesday, June 3 | FREE – Enjoy a free live virtual concert by Andrew Lynch, composer for Leap and the Net Will Appear, streaming on Catastrophic Theatre’s YouTube Channel. Watch the free recording of the 2018 performance with the link provided by signing up at the ticketing link on their page. 7pm.
- Numbers Nightclub presents In-SIDEs Wednesdays on Twitch | Wednesday, June 3 | FREE – Numbers Nightclub presents In-SIDEs Wednesdays live on their Twitch channel. Resident DJ Wes Wallace will be spinning brand new and recently released music and videos of his choosing. There is an optional cover. 8pm.
- Asia Society Texas Center presents FemFest Houston: Voices of Asia: Peaches | Thursday, June 4 to Sunday, June 7 | FREE – Join Mildred’s Umbrella Theater Company and Asia Society Texas Center from the comfort of your own home for a celebration of women’s voices as they stage 3 readings of Houston premiere plays in a virtual setting. Featuring works written by Asian and Asian American women, the series highlights the talents and accomplishments of women playwrights across the globe. This week, they will be featuring Peaches by Soo-Jin Lee. Each play will be available to view for one week. All day.
- Mid Main Houston’s Virtual First Thursday on Facebook Live | Thursday, June 4 | FREE – Catch a streaming show featuring music from Houston’s The Light Rock Express, Bart Maloney, and Beetle. 6pm.
- Space Center Houston’s Virtual Campout | Friday, June 5 – Hear from NASA astronaut Fred Haise as he shares his mission experiences and participates in engaging STEM activities, stargaze and more during this virtual campout. Tickets are pay-what-you-can. Guests are asked to register at least 24 hours before the event. 6pm to 9pm.
- MyOhMy: A Drag Show Extravaganza Online | Friday, June 5 – Back again for another week, Texas’ touring drag show presents their virtual variety performance featuring more tributes to Prince, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, Pink, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner and more. Tickets are $9.95, but limited discounted $4 tickets are available. 8pm.
- DiverCity Project Music Series Livestream on Facebook & Instagram Live | Saturday, June 6 | FREE – Market Square Parks presents a virtual edition of its new music series showcasing Houston’s diverse cultural landscape through original compositions. Presented in partnership with Houston Brass Quintet and Houston Arts Alliance, each performance will be live-streamed from a unique location in Downtown. This week’s performance is a German theme with a guest performance by Houston Saengerbund and Eurofest. 1pm to 2pm.
- CAMH presents Virtual Drop-In Experience: Continuous Line Drawing | Saturday, June 6 | FREE – Using masking tape or string, transform a space inside or outside your home into a continuous line drawing. CAMH’s Virtual Drop-In Experiences feature instructions for pop-up activities you can do at home. Each hands-on activity provides creative opportunities to experience current exhibitions from a distance in a unique and meaningful way. 1pm to 4pm.
- Houston Cinema Arts Society presents Spaceship Earth & Apollo 11 at The Showboat Drive-In Theater | Saturday, June 6 – Houston Cinema Arts Society and Neon present a special double feature of Spaceship Earth and Apollo 11 at the Showboat Drive-In Theater in Hockley. Spaceship Earth is the true, stranger-than-fiction adventure of eight visionaries who in 1991 spent two years quarantined inside of a self-engineered replica of Earth’s ecosystem called Biosphere 2. Tickets are $8. Gates at 7:30pm; movie at 8:30pm.
- Rooftop Cinema Club presents The Drive-In at Spring | Daily – Joining forces with the city of Spring, Rooftop Cinema Club brings classic films including classics like Jurassic Park, The Sandlot, Trolls, How to Train Your Dragon and more. There are two screenings each night, at 8:15pm and again around 10:45pm. Tickets are priced per vehicle and range from $28 (side view) to $35 (center view) most nights. 8:15pm to 11pm.
- Rooftop Cinema Club presents The Drive-In at Sawyer Yards | Daily – The newly improvised Drive-In at Sawyer Yards continues with another week of extended screenings of beloved and classic movies from all genres, twice nightly. Tickets are priced per vehicle and range from $28 (side view) to $35 (center view) most nights. First screening is at 8:15pm; second screening follows around 10:45pm or 11pm, depending on the length of the first film.
More Things to Do in Houston
- Reopened Restaurants & Dining Services in Houston | Daily – With the State of Texas relaxing safety guidelines to allow more businesses and restaurants the capacity to reopen dining rooms, eateries across the city are beginning to transition back to their indoor and outdoor seating service. We’ve compiled a list of restaurants that have begun offering their dining room to limited capacity, as well as other take-out and delivery services on offer. Check back often as we’ll be adding to this list as more are discovered.
- Build the Ultimate Summer Bucket List for Kids | Daily – Jump into the warm summer months with our idea guide for fun in the sun, at-home memories, education, crafts, and more to create your own complete Summer Bucket List. Make your list a mix of education, service projects, fun, competition, crafts, and whatever will bring a smile to your favorite kiddos’ faces.
- Rental & Utility Financial Assistance Programs in Houston | Daily – In uncertain times, pressure can mount on individuals and families from virtually any background. A late utility bill, a looming rent payment, and housing insecurity can add tremendous stress to already straining situations. We’ve compiled these resources from federal, state, and local organizations that have the ability to help those most in need. Find relief through utility, bill, and rental assistance programs from federal, state, and local resources to help you navigate financial hardships.
- What’s New to Listen to This Weekend | Daily – Hear the latest music with our picks for what’s new to listen to this weekend. So set your mood lighting, prepare your living room dance floor or just relax with headphones on and read on to find what’s new to listen to this weekend.
- What’s New to Watch This Week | Daily – We’ve begun compiling the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching. So sit back, relax, and tune in with our picks for what’s new to watch this week.
- Attractions, Museums & Public Spaces reopening in Houston | Daily – Stay informed on the latest health and safety guidelines for reopening businesses and attractions in Houston. As the State of Texas moves to phase in reopenings of businesses and attractions, we’re pulling together the health and safety guidelines from some of the city’s most beloved establishments to keep you informed as you consider whether it’s safe to venture out.
- Dining “Out” at Home in Houston: Must Try Meals & Dishes | Daily – Discover our favorite picks for delicious H-Town fried chicken joints, breweries with curbside pickup, family-style dinners, happy hours, burgers, brunches, and date night dining perfect for bringing home. Plus, find more curbside, pick-up, delivery and other to-go options for restaurant meals.
- More Things To Do at Home | Daily | Many FREE – Tap into our lists of things you can do at home, on topics ranging from where to find protective face masks, a wide variety of counseling and therapy options, thought-provoking and binge-worthy podcasts, recipes from local and celebrity chefs, concert and music streaming, home workouts, sports documentaries and classic game streaming, fun and educational things to do with kids, cocktail mixology at home, local and international museum and gallery tours, curbside pickup from restaurants, curbside pickup from record stores and more. You can also kick back to more than five hours of songs about Houston on our free Spotify playlist, order and pick up books from local bookshops, decorate your home with Houston Neighborhoods wall prints, and de-stress your family with helpful tips for parents and kids.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).