Sit back, relax, and tune in with our picks for what’s new to watch this week from Monday, May 25 to Sunday, May 31, 2020.
We’ve begun compiling the latest in TV, movies, streaming specials and more in-the-moment programming worth watching.
So throw that popcorn in the microwave, kick your feet up, and read on to find what’s new to watch this week online from Memorial Day, Monday, May 25 to Sunday, May 31, 2020.
What’s New to Watch This Week in Houston
- Uncut Gems | Available Memorial Day, Monday, May 25 | Netflix – In what’s considered to be a career-redefining performance, Adam Sandler stars as an eccentric jeweler that makes beyond belief bets that could land him on either the right side of success or wrong side of the gun. Sit back and enjoy this unnerving, fast-paced, panic attack-inducing performance from Sandler as he does all he can to balance family life, the business, and enemies all around as he pursues lady luck.
- Hannah Gadsby: Douglas Comedy Special | Available Tuesday, May 26 | Netflix – The beloved comedian behind the game-changing Nanette comedy special, Hannah Gadsby returns for her second filmed special. This time around she delves deep into the trouble that comes with fame, our feelings about ourselves, and her strangest experience at a dog park.
- Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 7 Premiere | Broadcast on Wednesday, May 27; Streaming Thursday, May 28 | ABC13 & Hulu – The seventh and final season of Marvel’s longest-running TV series to date finds the S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division) agents back in the 1930s as they launch their plan to save present-day Earth from an alien invasion that already succeeded at the end of last season. Airs live on ABC13 in Houston on Wednesday at 9pm. Available on Hulu the following morning.
- Ramy: Season 2 Premiere | Available Friday, May 29 | Hulu – A first-generation Egyptian-American, Ramy finds himself on a spiritual journey while navigating his culturally divided neighborhood in New Jersey. Exploring the troubles of being torn between his Muslim upbringing and life as a millennial, Ramy struggles to find the middle ground between old world values and the assimilationist pull of American consumer culture.
- The Vast of Night: Movie Premiere | Available Friday, May 29 | Amazon Prime – Set in New Mexico during the ’50s, this highly-rated movie premiere was filmed in Whitney, Texas (between Waco and Fort Worth) and centers on a youthful switchboard operator named Fay (Sierra McCormick) and charismatic radio DJ Everett (Jake Horowitz). On what appears to be an unassuming night, the pair taps into a radio frequency that may very well change the course of the future in their small town. Try Amazon Prime free for 30 days.
- Space Force: Series Premiere | Available Friday, May 29 | Netflix – In this series premiere from Steve Carrell (of The Office fame), a U.S. general joins up with a kooky scientist to get the military’s latest venture ready for lift-off. Enter Space Force. Get ready to embark on an out-of-this-world adventure based around folks tasked with establishing the government’s first intergalactic agency.
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Practical | Available Friday, May 29 | Disney+ – The fifth episode of the behind-the-scenes look at streamer’s massively popular The Mandalorian series takes a look at the use of practical effects. It promises a deeper look at the creation of show’s breakout star, The Child (best known to the world as “Baby Yoda”). Try Disney+ free for 7 days.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).