Per Governor Greg Abbott’s plan to reopen Texas, bars and breweries are allowed to open back up (at 25% capacity during Phase 1) on Friday, May 23, 2020. Some are opening on this date, but all are continuing to offer their curbside takeout and pick-up. As we all continue safe social distancing practices, many breweries have chosen to continue to offer ways for you to “dine out” at home, rocking some mighty fine takeout options. In our Dining “Out” at Home series, we’ll cover some of the best to-go options in town, from the juicy burgers that hold up in transit to restaurants bringing happy hour to your door.
Miss your favorite local brewery? You can still recreate the experience at home with these excellent to-go options, from crisp seasonals and beer pretzels with queso to hoppy IPAs and brewhouse burgers.
6 Must Try Breweries With Curbside Pick-up & To-Go
- Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company in Arts District Houston – Funky, creative brews are the name of the game at this local darling, which is open for both dine-in service and curbside pickup. Sip suds like the Dreamsicle, Bananas Foster, Crush City IPA, and White Raz alongside tasty pub grub—think 72-hour-fermented dough pizzas topped with things like housemade sausage, roasted mushrooms, and 44 Farms pepperoni; brewhouse burgers and falafel wraps; eggplant and beets salad and quinoa bowls; and beef jerky. Order online or call 713-750-9795. Daily 11am to midnight.
- True Anomaly Brewing in EaDo – Founded by four guys from NASA, True Anomaly specializes in wild and sour beers, along with taproom-friendly pilsners and IPAs. Brews to-go—including the popular Titan German pilsner, Small Giant grisette, Ben’s House IPA, Beryl raspberry and red currant fruited sour, and more—are available in 750ml crowlers to-go. Plus, while they last, you can take advantage of the brewery’s NASA-inspired and first bottled-conditioned release of Freedom 7 wild ale, a Tart Saison named for Alan Shepard’s nickname for the spacecraft that made him the first American in space. Order online (closed for to-go orders on Thursday, May 21, 2020 only). Monday to Friday 2pm to 8pm; Saturday and Sunday noon to 8pm.
- Local Group Brewing in Near Northside – This newly-opened brewpub is rocking a to-go menu of food and drink. Snag crowlers, 4- and 6-packs, wines, and eats from duck confit poutine and smoked gouda mac & cheese to Texas steak melts and quinoa salad. There are also family-sized meal packs and weekend brunch. Order online or call 713-429-1884. Wednesday through Sunday 11am to 8pm.
- Platypus Brewing in Washington Corridor – While the brewery is also now open for al fresco dine-in services, those who prefer to stay home can preorder and hit the drive-thru. You’ll find a mix of to-go brews and eats crafted with Texan heart and Australian soul, from the dry hopped Red Ale Imperial/Double and the local honey infused Bobby Dazzler Australian Blonde to Aussie Lamb Skewers with smoky crème fraiche; Spent Grain Pretzels with sambal beer cheese; beer-battered Fish ‘n Chips; and Platypus Burgers, served the Aussie way with pickled beets, the Texan way with jalapeños, or both! Daily noon to 8pm (see online for service hour changes).
- 8th Wonder Brewery in EaDo –Mixed 6-packs. Viet-Irish Coffee. 5-liter WonderKegs. 8th Wonder Distillery vodka and hopped gin. Bottled cocktails and Michelada kits. 8W hats and masks. You can get it all at at this fan favorite brewery’s online shop, then you can pick it up curbside. The team has also been hosting fun things like the “Songs from 8 Feet” music series, featuring local musicians, live streams and virtual it jars; as well as “Crawfish Carpools.” Daily 1pm to 7pm.
- Saint Arnold Brewing Company in Downtown‘s Warehouse District – Houston’s beloved Saint Arnold Brewery (the oldest craft brewery in the Lone Star) is offering a special food and beer menu for curbside pickup, with deliciousness like Santo queso pretzels and “fire emoji” hot wings, fully loaded pizzas and big Greek salads, Amber Ale bratwurst and Bishop’s burgers, fries and raclette mac and cheese. Beers run from the Double Dry Hopped Sabrococonut IPA and the Rose Cider to the Lawnmower German-style Kolsch. Look out for daily spceials, weekend cook-at-home packs, and food & beer combos, with offerings featuring pizzas, burgers and whole beer can chickens with 6-packs. Order online or call 713-686-9494. Daily 11am to 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).