Per Governor Greg Abbott’s plan to reopen Texas, restaurants are among the businesses allowed to open back up (at 25% capacity during Phase 1). But as we all continue safe social distancing practices, many restaurants have chosen to continue to offer ways for you to “dine out” at home, rocking some mighty fine takeout and delivery options. In our Dining “Out” at Home series, we’ll cover some of the best to-go options in town, from the juicy burgers that hold up in transit to restaurants bringing happy hour to your door.
Here, we bring you some excellent to-go food and beverage options that you can pickup or get delivered to recreate an epic happy hour experience at home.
5 Must Try Happy Hours To-Go
- Bar Boheme in Montrose – The loaded Vietnamese fries at this low-key wine bar are pretty much legendary, and if you buy a bottle of wine to-go, you’ll get those Vietnamese fries for free (check its Facebook page for updated specials). Up your happy hour game further by including truffle mushroom lavash pizza, oak smoked barbacoa tacos, and frozen rosé, mojitos, and piña coladas. As an added bonus, all to-go orders placed directly through Boheme are discounted by 20% and there is free delivery within 3 miles. Call 713-529-1099 to place an order. Hours vary, but usually run 2pm to 8 or 9pm on weekdays. Saturday and Sunday open at noon.
- Eight Row Flint in The Heights – You may not be able to hang out at Eight Row Flint just yet, but you can snag some bevies and eats to go. The modern icehouse is serving up cocktail kits available via walk-up and delivery, with drink options including Ranchwaters, Margaritas, and Old Fashioneds. Tack on happy hour grub like chips and guac, hot wings, and street party tacos. To preorder, call 832-767-4002. Tuesday-Thursday 2pm to 8pm; Friday-Sunday noon to 8pm.
- Harold’s in The Heights – Specials are changing daily, but you can look out for promotions like $15 off bottles of wine, $3 chips & salsa, $9.95 cheeseburgers and chicken sandos, and $12 pulled pork nachos. The full menu is also up for grabs, with $8 takeout wings, chicken-fried cauliflower, large plates from beer-battered fish & chips to Gulf shrimp pasta, plus to-go spirits and beers including Mule and Margaritas kits, 6-packs of craft beer, wines by the bottle, and more. Order online for delivery (free within 5 miles) or pickup, or call 713-360-6204. 11am to 8pm (hours vary by day).
- The Monkey’s Tail in Northside Village – You won’t have to spend a pretty penny to enjoy happy hour at this fun-loving Mexican-American haunt. Tacos and pizza by the slice are just $2 a pop, and you can get an entire Pizza or Burger Happy Meal complete with a Jim Beam shot and Montucky Cold Snack for $8. Tack on singles or cases of local and domestic brews or try the $25 Cocteles Kits to make DIY Mezcal Margaritas, Moscow Mules, and Old Fashioneds for six. Place orders online or call 713-842-7188. Daily 11am to 10pm.
- Riel in Montrose – Riel’s butter burger sliders are something you’ll want to make part of your regular routine. Usually reserved for the in-house happy hour menu, you can now get the beefy, butter-oozing, caramelized onion studded sliders for curbside pickup service six days a week. Snag some of those, then create your very own happy hour by adding on small bites like mushroom empanada, hot honey and kimchi fried chicken wings, tempura cauliflower and boudin eggrolls; and make sure to peruse the epic wine list, too. Call at 832-831-9109 or order online for curbside pickup (delivery offered via DoorDash). Monday to Saturday 1pm to 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).