Make the most of your week with our virtual event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 11 to Sunday, May 17, 2020.
With public gatherings effectively canceled or postponed, planning your week may be challenging—but fear not, we’ve gathered our picks for virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
That said, be sure to check back in the coming days, as this list is a work in progress that we’ll be adding to in real-time as new events emerge. If you know of a virtual event, please email us at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
So kick back indoors, log on, tune in, and check below to find great things happening online at your fingertips in Houston from Monday, May 11 to Sunday, May 17, 2020.
Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Fusion 2 Virtual Art Exhibit at ArchwayGallery.com | Daily | FREE – Browse the newest works by Houston artist Robert L. Straight at the special online exhibition, Fusion 2, from Montrose’s Archway Gallery now through Wednesday, July 1, 2020. This exhibition showcases his proficiency in many media, including glass, wood, and different metal processes such as welding, forging, and casting. All day.
- The Cottonmouth Club Nightly Livestream on Instagram & Facebook Live | Daily | FREE – Although the bar is closed, The Cottonmouth Club on Main Street is hosting a nightly one-hour live stream on social media from 9pm to 10pm. Virtual drink-serving may not be an option quite yet in the 21st century, but you can still tune in to watch The Cottonmouth Club’s core crew make cocktails, take questions, and generally doing what they can to remind Houstonians that there’s a bar out there that misses them. There is no in-person attendance. 9pm to 10pm each night.
- Curbside Pick-Up & Online Orders at Cactus Music | Monday, May 11 through Saturday, May 16 – Break your streaming habits with new and hard-to-find records, CDs and more with a curbside pick-up or online order from Cactus Music. Located near Montrose, just off Richmond Avenue and Shepherd Drive, the music superstore is a great one-stop-shop for browsing thousands of compact discs, vinyl records, cassette tapes—and even the occasional 8-track. Monday to Friday noon to 5pm; Saturday 11am to 4pm; closed Sunday.
- The Women’s Fund for Health Education and Resiliency hosts Online Programs via Zoom | Wednesday, May 13 | FREE – The Women’s Fund for Health Education and Resiliency launches a virtual weekly series of online programs. Each session will last 35 to 40 minutes via Zoom every Wednesday at 2pm and will be posted on The Women’s Fund website and Facebook Page. The presentations will focus on relevant topics during these difficult times in addition to personal physical, mental, financial, emotional, health, and wellness. 2pm.
- Pearland Library presents Virtual Storytime on Facebook Live | Thursday, May 14 | FREE – Pearland Library presents a virtual storytime, every Thursday morning in April, on Facebook Live. No in-person attendance. 11am to 11:30am.
- Virtual DJ Set with DJ Dayta on Twitch | Friday, May 15 | FREE – Known for spinning everything from hip-hop to house to disco, the local DJ, Dayta live streams a set on Twitch. This event will be held online on DJ Dayta’s Twitch account. 8pm to 11pm.
- Classic Numbers Friday Live Stream on Twitch | Friday, May 15 | FREE – Dance from the comfort of your home to ’80s, goth, industrial, new wave and more, as Numbers Nightclub and resident DJ Wes Wallace hosts their long-running Classic Numbers Friday dance night on Twitch. Though free, an optional cover charge can be paid on Venmo with the Numbers300 username. No in-person attendance. 9:30pm.
- Encore Music Studio presents Adult Virtual Piano Lessons on Facebook Live | Saturday, May 16| FREE – Learn to play keys when Encore Music Studio offers virtual piano lessons for adults and teens ages 14 and up via Facebook Live. The event will be held live online on Encore Music Studio’s Facebook page. No in-person attendance. 3pm to 3:30pm.
- Kam Franklin Live Stream Concert on Facebook Live | Saturday, May 16 | FREE – The Suffers lead singer and musician, Kam Franklin, is performing a live, solo concert featuring covers, songs by The Suffers, and even some requests. The live stream will happen every Saturday, through April. This event will be held online on The Suffers’ Facebook page. No in-person attendance. 8pm.
COVID-19 Resources & More Things to Do in Houston
- Dining “Out” at Home in Houston: Must Try Meals & Dishes | Daily – Discover our favorite picks for delicious H-Town burgers, brunches, and date night dining perfect for bringing home.
- Where to Find Protective Face Masks in Houston & National Suppliers | Daily – Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask made by Houston-based artists or order online from national suppliers. We’ve compiled a list of locals as well as a few online stores that are selling masks with colorful patterns, different sizes, and even in bulk.
- More Things To Do at Home | Daily | Many FREE – Tap into our lists of things you can do at home, on topics ranging from a wide variety of counseling and therapy options, thought-provoking and binge-worthy podcasts, recipes from local and celebrity chefs, concert and music streaming, home workouts, sports documentaries and classic game streaming, fun and educational things to do with kids, cocktail mixology at home, local and international museum and gallery tours, and more. You can also kick back to more than five hours of songs about Houston on our free Spotify playlist, order and pick up books from local bookshops, decorate your home with Houston Neighborhoods wall prints, and de-stress your family with helpful tips for parents and kids.
- Curbside, Pickup & Delivery from Houston Eateries, Restaurants, Breweries & More | Daily – Find take out and delivery options from your favorite local restaurants, and help them support their staff in uncertain times.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).