Make the most of your week with our virtual event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 4 to Sunday, May 10, 2020.
With public gatherings effectively canceled or postponed, planning your week may be challenging—but fear not, we’ve gathered our picks for virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
That said, be sure to check back in the coming days, as this list is a work in progress that we’ll be adding to in real-time as new events emerge. If you know of a virtual event, please email us at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
So kick back indoors, log on, tune in, and check below to find great things happening online at your fingertips in Houston from Monday, May 4 to Sunday, May 10, 2020.
Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Fusion 2 Virtual Art Exhibit at ArchwayGallery.com | Daily | FREE – Browse the newest works by Houston artist Robert L. Straight at the special online exhibition, Fusion 2, from Montrose’s Archway Gallery now through Wednesday, July 1, 2020. This exhibition showcases his proficiency in many media, including glass, wood, and different metal processes such as welding, forging, and casting. All day.
- Save on Handcrafted Organic Canned Wine Besa mi vino | Daily | FREE – Shipping & Save 10% – Whether it’s for mom, you, or someone else, save on your order of “All Day Rosé” and “Just Right White” organic—vegan, 0g, and sulfite-sensitive canned wine this Mother’s Day when you order with promo code BESAGIFT.
- The French Farm’s Online Sale | Ends Tuesday, May 5 | Save 20% – Since the Houston-based online retailer and importer of European gourmet delicacies and quality kitchenware had to postpone its spring open warehouse sale indefinitely, they’re offering Houstonians 20% of all online orders when using the promo code OP365, through Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
- ROCO presents Virtual Beer & Brass on Facebook Live | Thursday, May 7 | FREE – Join River Oaks Chamber Orchestra’s ROCO Brass Quintet for Pearland Library presents Virtual Storytime on Facebook Livea happy hour of music, chat, and fun and more. 7pm to 8pm.
- Midtown Park’s Virtual Beats & Eats on Facebook Live | Friday, May 8 | FREE – Mix it up at home with tunes from DJ LaRose, plus a special live performance by Eimaral Sol. Grab a special meal from Diced Poke in Midtown before the show. 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Classic Numbers Friday Live Stream on Twitch | Friday, May 8 | FREE – Dance from the comfort of your home to ’80s, goth, industrial, new wave and more, as Numbers Nightclub and resident DJ Wes Wallace hosts their long-running Classic Numbers Friday dance night on Twitch. Though free, an optional cover charge can be paid on Venmo with the Numbers300 username. No in-person attendance. 9:30pm.
- Virtual Galveston Historic Homes Tour Online & Facebook Live | Saturday, May 9 | FREE – Galveston Historical Foundation’s popular annual home tour is going virtual this year, with live-streamed tours of four stunning island homes, expert architecture calls, and special presentations. The tours are free to view, and a $30 (or whatever you prefer) donation is encouraged. 1pm to 5pm.
- Market Square Park presents Virtual Blanket Bingo on BingoMaker.com | Saturday, May 9 | FREE – Downtown’s massively popular season event launches a virtual kickoff of its summer season, with online games hosted by Mills McCoin. It’s free to play, but all donations to help Houston Shift Meal provide meals to out-of-work restaurant workers will be matched by Houston’s Downtown District. 5pm to 7pm.
- MFAH presents Yoga Classes on Facebook Live | Sunday, May 9 | FREE – Join the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and Black Swan Yoga for a live yoga class on Facebook Live. Each week will feature a new instructor. This event will be held online on MFAH’s Facebook Page. 11am to 11:45am.
- LSFM presents The Fight to the Finish Flyover in the Skies Above Houston | Sunday, May 10 | FREE – Lone Star Flight Museum (LSFM) and its supporting partners will commemorate the 75th anniversary of VE Day (Victory in Europe Day) and the end of World War II in Europe with a flight of almost 30 rare and historic warbirds over Houston. This epic aviation event, the Flight to Finish Flyover, will encourage everyone to step outside and enjoy a moment of patriotic distraction and marvel at the rare WWII warbirds flying overhead from the safety of their own homes. Lone Star Flight Museum, and its parking lot, will not be open to the public. This event was postponed from its original date on Friday, May 8, due to inclement weather. Approximately 2pm; flight times will be updated.
COVID-19 Resources & More Things to Do in Houston
- Dining “Out” at Home in Houston: Must Try Meals & Dishes | Daily – Discover our favorite picks for delicious H-Town burgers, brunches, and date night dining perfect for bringing home.
- Where to Find Protective Face Masks in Houston & National Suppliers | Daily – Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask made by Houston-based artists or order online from national suppliers. We’ve compiled a list of locals as well as a few online stores that are selling masks with colorful patterns, different sizes, and even in bulk.
- More Things To Do at Home | Daily | Many FREE – Tap into our lists of things you can do at home, on topics ranging from a wide variety of counseling and therapy options, thought-provoking and binge-worthy podcasts, recipes from local and celebrity chefs, concert and music streaming, home workouts, sports documentaries and classic game streaming, fun and educational things to do with kids, cocktail mixology at home, local and international museum and gallery tours, and more. You can also kick back to more than five hours of songs about Houston on our free Spotify playlist, order and pick up books from local bookshops, decorate your home with Houston Neighborhoods wall prints, and de-stress your family with helpful tips for parents and kids.
- Curbside, Pickup & Delivery from Houston Eateries, Restaurants, Breweries & More | Daily – Find take out and delivery options from your favorite local restaurants, and help them support their staff in uncertain times.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources – Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.