Make the most of your week with our virtual event picks happening in Houston from Monday, April 27 to Sunday, May 3, 2020.
With public gatherings effectively canceled or postponed, planning your week may be challenging—but fear not, we’ve gathered our picks for virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
That said, be sure to check back in the coming days, as this list is a work in progress that we’ll be adding to in real-time as new events emerge. If you know of a virtual event, please email us at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
So kick back indoors, log on, tune in, and check below to find great things happening online at your fingertips in Houston from Monday, April 27 to Sunday, May 3, 2020.
Things to Do This Week in Houston
- The French Farm’s Online Sale | Daily | Save 20% – Since the Houston-based online retailer and importer of European gourmet delicacies and quality kitchenware had to postpone its spring open warehouse sale indefinitely, they’re offering Houstonians 20% of all online orders when using the promo code OP365, now through Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
- New Orleans’ WWOZ presents Jazz Festing In Place: An On-Air Festival | Daily | FREE – Catch a host of New Orleans’ Jazz Fest’s greatest performances ranging from the 1970s through the 2010s, broadcast online New Orlean’s public radio station. Feel like listening to a little Ella Fitzgerald singing with Stevie Wonder from ’77, Fats Domino from ’01, or Galactic from ’12? Here’s your chance. 11am to 7pm daily.
- Goodnight Charlie presents Manzy Lowry Live Stream Concert on Instagram Live | Tuesday, April 28 | FREE – Watch a live streaming concert from the Texas singer-songwriter, Manzy Lowry on Instagram Live. This event will be held online on Goodnight Charlie’s Instagram page. 7pm.
- The Women’s Fund for Health Education and Resiliency hosts Online Programs via Zoom | Wednesday, April 29 | FREE – The Women’s Fund for Health Education and Resiliency launches a virtual weekly series of online programs. Each session will last 35 to 40 minutes via Zoom every Wednesday at 2pm and will be posted on The Women’s Fund website and Facebook Page. The presentations will focus on relevant topics during these difficult times in addition to personal physical, mental, financial, emotional, health, and wellness. 2pm.
- DJ Regal Eagle’s Virtual Happy Hour on Twitch | Wednesday, April 29 | FREE – DJ Regal Eagle presents a weekly Wednesday happy hour from different locations throughout the month on Twitch. He’ll be spinning a wide variety of music while showcasing each business each week. This week Regal will be spinning at EaDo Bike Co. 4pm to 7pm.
- Common Field Convening 2020 Virtual Event on Zoom | Thursday, April 30 to Saturday, May 2 | FREE – Common Field—the national network of experimental, independent, visual arts organizations and organizers—has reimagined its Convening event, originally planned to happen in Houston, as a free, online event The Common Field Convening is a critical platform for artists organizations and organizers from across the U.S, to share resources, ideas and methods for artist-led, artist-run, and artist-centered spaces, projects and practices. 1pm to 5pm each day.
- Galveston Island’s Virtual Happy Hour on RadioGalveston | Friday, May 1 | FREE – Sign on to RadioGalveston every Friday at 5:30pm in April to enjoy music, special commentary, and happy hour drinks (those are on you) to wrap off the week. Email song requests to [email protected]. 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Classic Numbers Friday Live Stream on Twitch | Friday, May 1 | FREE – Dance from the comfort of your home to ’80s, goth, industrial, new wave and more, as Numbers Nightclub and resident DJ Wes Wallace hosts their long-running Classic Numbers Friday dance night on Twitch. Though free, an optional cover charge can be paid on Venmo with the Numbers300 username. No in-person attendance. 9:30pm.
- Encore Music Studio presents Adult Virtual Piano Lessons on Facebook Live | Saturday, May 2 | FREE – Learn to play keys when Encore Music Studio offers virtual piano lessons for adults and teens ages 14 and up via Facebook Live. The event will be held live online on Encore Music Studio’s Facebook page. No in-person attendance. 3pm to 3:30pm.
- MFAH presents Yoga Classes on Facebook Live | Sunday, May 3 | FREE – Join the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and Black Swan Yoga for a live yoga class on Facebook Live. Each week will feature a new instructor. This event will be held online on MFAH’s Facebook Page. 11am to 11:45am.
COVID-19 Resources & More Things to Do in Houston
- Things to Do at Home: Counseling, Therapy Options & More | Daily – Find the right counseling or therapy for you from the comfort of home with these online or over-the-phone platforms. With everything going on in the world today, taking care of yourself or talking to a professional about the state of your mental health can help you cope in these difficult times.
- Things to Do at Home: Funny, Engaging, Thought-provoking & Binge-worthy Podcasts | Daily – Lend an ear to entertaining and engaging podcasts from the worlds of pop culture, science and more. If your Netflix queue is starting to look a little stale and you’re in need of something thought-provoking to fill the hours, then look no further than our guide to some of the most engaging and binge-worthy podcasts available today, culled from our staff and writers’ favorites.
- Where to Find Protective Face Masks in Houston & National Suppliers | Daily – Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask made by Houston-based artists or order online from national suppliers. We’ve compiled a list of locals as well as a few online stores that are selling masks with colorful patterns, different sizes, and even in bulk.
- More Things To Do at Home | Daily | Many FREE – Tap into our lists of things you can do at home, on topics ranging from recipes from local and celebrity chefs, concert and music streaming, home workouts, sports documentaries and classic game streaming, fun and educational things to do with kids, cocktail mixology at home, local and international museum and gallery tours, and more. You can also kick back to more than five hours of songs about Houston on our free Spotify playlist, order and pick up books from local bookshops, decorate your home with Houston Neighborhoods wall prints, and de-stress your family with helpful tips for parents and kids.
- Curbside, Pickup & Delivery from Houston Eateries, Restaurants, Breweries & More | Daily – Find take out and delivery options from your favorite local restaurants, and help them support their staff in uncertain times.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources– Find more information about best practices, how you can help, and other details about response to COVID-19.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).