Find the right counseling or therapy for you from the comfort of home with these online or over-the-phone platforms.
With everything going on in the world today, taking care of yourself or talking to a professional about the state of your mental health can help you cope in these difficult times.
To practice self-care of the mind, we’ve compiled a list of resources that can provide emotional support from stress and anything else on your mind.
Counseling & Therapy Options from Home
- 7 Cups – 7 Cups offers both online therapy for $150 a month as well as free online counseling with trained volunteer listeners.
- Better Help – Talk with a licensed, professional therapist online. Prices vary for teens, couples, and individuals.
- TalkSpace – The online therapy source has thousands of licensed therapists to talk to as well as psychiatrists. In light of the current COVID-19 outbreak, they are now offering free therapy for healthcare workers to discounted subscriptions for all.
- Teen Counseling – This counseling service is designed for teens and provides professional counseling by text, phone, and video. TeenCounseling ranges from $40 to $70 per week.
- Pride Counseling – The professional online counseling for the LGBTQ community service help you get matched to a licensed therapist. You can communicate via phone, video, and messaging. Pride Counseling ranges from $40 to $70 per week.
- Online-Therapy.com – Online-Therapy offers a variety of tools and plans ranging from free to $63.96 a week. Plans include online therapy sessions, yoga and mediation videos, tests and more.
- iCounseling – This online counseling platform provides convenient, discreet, and affordable access to a licensed therapist. iCounseling makes professional counseling available anytime, anywhere, through a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Texas Health & Human Services – Texas HHS has launched a 24/7 statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Call toll-free at 833-986-1919.
- Lines for Life – The 24/7 over-the-phone platform offers free, confidential, and anonymous help from trained staff and volunteers able to provide immediate assistance, compassionate support, and resource referrals.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline – The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration offers a free, confidential, 24/7, treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Crisis Text Line – Crisis counselors are available 24/7 to give you emotional support when you text HOME to 741741.