Deck your crew out in green and head to family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day events happening around Houston on Saturday, March 14 and St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
[Update: 3/12/20] Out of an abundance of caution, some events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
Happening This Week
Top Things to Do This Week
Also in March 2020
While there will be plenty of green beer flowing around town, parents can also find festive family events—minus the debauchery—for their own leprechauns to enjoy.
Note that many of the larger pub-based celebrations offer Irish-themed entertainment and welcome kids with their parents during the day.
Family-Friendly St. Patrick’s Day 2020 Events Around Houston
- 61st Annual Houston St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown (Cancelled) | Saturday, March 14 | FREE – Celebrate the luck of the Irish at the 2-hour annual Houston St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown. There will be an after-party at Market Square Park featuring games, live music from Blaggards, food and more. Noon.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Concert at Market Square Park (Cancelled) | Saturday, March 14 | FREE – Head to Market Square Park in Downtown for an afternoon of food, games, and a concert by local Celtic Rock band, Blaggards. 1pm to 4pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival at Levy Park (Cancelled) | Sunday, March 15 – Take the kids on a leprechaun scavenger hunt; listen to live music; capture memories in a photo booth; and enjoy beer, wine, and food trucks during the family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day Festival at Levy Park. 2pm to 7pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dance Performance at The Woodlands Children’s Museum (Cancelled) | St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 17 (Cancelled) – Take the kiddos to see a performance by Cass-Barrington Academy of Irish Dance will dance and then take part in a self-guided Shamrock Scavenger Hunt at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Included with general admission to the museum. 10:45am.
- Spring Break: McTeggart Irish Dancers at Children’s Museum Houston (Cancelled) | St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 17 – Experience lively Irish music and culture with a performance by the McTeggart Irish Dancers at Children’s Museum Houston. Included with general admission to the museum. 3pm.
- Spring Break Escape: Shamrock at The Square at Memorial City (Cancelled) | St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 17 | FREE – The McTeggarts Irish Dancers will be showing off their amazing skills and offering free lessons for St. Patrick’s Day on the Square at Memorial City. There will also be party favors, a balloon artist, complimentary popcorn and more. 5pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).