In our Where to Work Out series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the best fitness studios for cardio, strength training, yoga and more.
Ready to get serious about your fitness goals? If you’re in or near Katy, you’re in luck. You can access all kinds of fitness studios around the Houston ‘burb, including infrared heated HIIT classes, indoor climbing, boxing and more.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Greater Katy includes the suburbs that surround the Katy city limits west to Pederson Road, east to Fry Road, north to FM 529, and south to FM 1093/Westpark Tollway Parkway.
Where to Work Out in Greater Katy
Not sure where to start? We did the research so you don’t have to. Read on for a list of our favorite places to exercise in Greater Katy.
Barre, Pilates, & Yoga
- Hotworx – Feel the burn during a 30-minute isometric workout (yoga and pilates) or 15-min high-intensity interval training (HIIT) session, both held in an infrared-heated room at Hotworx. Effective and efficient, these heated workouts not only work your muscles, but also help to rid your body of harmful toxins. Click here for directions.
- Yoga West Studios – Whether you’re new to the practice or a long-term yogi, Yoga West Studios is a great place to improve your strength, balance, mindfulness and more through a variety of yoga classes. Don’t miss their six-station Great Yoga Wall, an innovative system of straps and harnesses that offers an experience unlike any other studio around town. Click here for directions.
- Define Body & Mind – Barre, spin, hammock yoga, stretching, trampoline and more are all available at this Houston-based fitness franchise that aims to help clients live their best, healthiest life. Known for quality instruction and well-rounded offerings, Define also has a line of healthy foods and juices with hands-on workshops throughout the year. Click here for directions.
- Pure Barre – Tighten, lift, and tone your whole body with small movements that drive big results at Pure Barre. With four different class types, Pure Barre offers a beginner class, classic barre classes, barre fused with HIIT, and a strength training class that employs extra props for resistance work. Click here for directions.
Crossfit & Powerlifting
- KTX Fit – More than just a crossfit gym, KTX Fit offers personal training, endurance training, weight lifting, Spartan Race preparation, gymnastics, and their most notable, Crossfit Annihilation. The popular class combines cardio and gymnastics with various forms of lifting for an intense and effective workout. Click here for directions.
- CrossFit 1420 – Head to Crossfit 1420 for a spacious gym with a lineup of motivating instructors who assist with your nutritional needs and offer boot camps, crossfit for all ages, and personal training. Plus, they’ve even got a Kids Club for children ages 13 and up. Click here for directions.
- Sandoval Strength System – Kick off your fitness journey with a free one-hour assessment at Sandoval Strength System. They’ll let you know where you stand and provide the next steps to reach your strength-training goals through powerlifting and boot camps. Click here for directions.
HIIT & Spin
- OrangeTheory Fitness – Competitive fitness junkies take note: Orangetheory is addictive. Why? For starters, they have you wear a fitness tracker that tells your heart rate, calories burned, and number of “splat points” (aka amount of time you’ve shown a high heart rate) throughout the class—the perfect distraction and/or motivation, depending on your personality type. Second, the studios keep you guessing with an always-new combination of HIIT on the treadmill, rowing, and strength training. Click here for directions.
- Cyclebar – Get a killer cardio workout at CycleBar, a spin studio that specializes in rhythm-based rides with upbeat music and energetic instructors. And to help you reach your goals, they send out a full report that tracks six key metrics following every class. Click here for directions.
Gyms, Rock Climbing & More
- BONA Fitness – Build on your natural abilities with help from the trainers at BONA Fitness, which blends athletic training, plyometrics, powerlifting, weight lifting, bodybuilding, core work, and agility skills for an epic workout the drives real results. Click here for directions.
- Momentum Indoor Climbing Katy – Climb your way to the top at Momentum Indoor Climbing’s newest location in Katy. Suited for all ages and experience levels, the gym features 36,000 square feet of space for climbing with or without a rope. Along with climbing, they also offer free weights, cardio equipment, and yoga classes. Click here for directions.
- 9Round Fitness – Can you set aside 30 minutes to work toward your fitness goals? That’s all it takes to fit in a workout at 9Round, an innovative kickboxing gym that divides their workouts into nine circuits (think push-ups, punching bags, jump ropes, abs and more). Make your way through all nine rounds for a full-body sweat session that’ll get you results. Click here for directions.
While you’re in the neighborhood, check out our favorite Brunch and Happy Hour spots in Greater Katy.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.