Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 11 to Sunday, March 15, 2020.
[Update: 3/12/20] Out of an abundance of caution, some events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
2020 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG Park (Cancelled) – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions, and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Chris Young, NCT 127, Kane Brown, Cody Johnson, Lizzo, Jon Pardi, Dierks Bentley and more. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8am to 9pm daily.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 5 Cent Special at Johnny’s Gold Brick | No Cover – Celebrate Johnny’s Gold Brick 5 year anniversary with Four Roses Single Barrel Old Fashioned cocktail for just 5 cents. 4pm.
- Monthly Wine Tasting at Rainbow Lodge – Head to the beautiful grounds of Rainbow Lodge to enjoy a “sip and stroll” themed wine tasting, featuring four wine tastes and four bites. This month will feature wines of South Africa. Tickets are $38 when booked online in advance; $40 cash day of. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Kane Brown in Concert at NRG Stadium (Cancelled) – The country music singer-songwriter, Kane Brown, headlines the evening’s rodeo festivities inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- The Devil Wears Prada Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Test your knowledge of the classic fashion flick, The Devil Wears Prada, starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep as the diabolical editor Miranda Priestly at Under the Radar Brewery. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Comedian Carlos Ballarta at Houston Improv – The Mexican stand-up comedian, Carlos Ballarta, is well known for his look on stage, with long dark hair and large, round glasses, and can be seen in his recent Netflix special, Furia Ñera. Tickets range from $40 to $60, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Adult GAYme Night at Pearl Bar Houston | No Cover – Spend your Thursday evening enjoying cocktails and board games at the LGBTQ-friendly Pearl Bar. Drink specials include $3.75 well drinks all night long. 6pm.
- An Evening of Irish Whiskey with Tullamore D.E.W at Down House – Head to Down House as they pair five Tullamore D.E.W. Irish whiskeys with small bites straight from their head chef. Tickets are $35. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Thirsty Thursday & Karaoke Night at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Wakefield Crowbar hosts a weekly karaoke night with $5 Crown Royal and $5 Bird Dog Mules drink specials. Karaoke begins at 8pm. 7pm.
- Chuck Briseno in Concert at Pacific Yard House | No Cover – Catch a live set from the country singer-songwriter, Chuck Briseno and The Mile 57 Band at Downtown Conroe’s restaurant and venue, Public Yard House. Show begins at 7:30pm.
- Queen Legacy: A Tribute To Queen in Concert at House of Blues – Sing along to “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “We Will Rock You” when Queen Legacy, a tribute to Queen, headlines at House of Blues. Blondish, a tribute to the new wave band, Blondie, opens the show. Tickets start at $12, but you can RSVP for up to 2 free tickets now. 8pm.
Friday, March 13, 2020
- Houston Rodeo: Lizzo in Concert at NRG Stadium (Cancelled) – The Houston native, singer, and rapper, Lizzo, headlines the evening’s rodeo festivities inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Reckless Kelly in Concert at House of Blues – Catch a live set from the country-rock band, Reckless Kelly, on their “Luck of the Restless” Tour at House of Blues. Mike Donnell Band opens the show. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
- Pat Green in Concert at The Rustic – The Rustic celebrates St. Patty’s Day with a concert by the Texas country music legend, Pat Green. Tickets range from $27 to $150. 7pm to 10pm.
- Your Favorite Night With Ku Egenti at the Secret Group – The Secret Group in EaDo hosts Your Favorite Night With Ku Egenti, featuring the popular local comedian, for a night of hilarious comedy. Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 at the door. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Travel back to the ’80s with hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always-eclectic Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Rüfüs Du Sol at Revention Music Center (Postponed) – The alternative dance group from Sydney, Australia, Rüfüs Du Sol, brings their unique performance to Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $35, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 9pm.
- Kiki Maroon’s Burly Q Lounge at House of Blues (Postponed) – Featuring standup comedy and burlesque, KiKi Maroon’s Burly Q Lounge returns to House of Blues. The evening of Vegas-style vaudevillian hijinks will transport you to the speakeasy your grandparents never told you about. $35. 9pm to 11pm.
Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Luck of the Irish St. Paddy’s Day Weekend Bar Crawl in Midtown – The annual St. Paddy’s Luck of the Irish Pub Crawl returns to Midtown on the Saturday before the actual St. Patrick’s Day. After checking in at Pub Fiction, attendees can roam from bar to bar, enjoying drink and food specials along the way. Tickets are $10, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fee) tickets are available.
- The Whimsy Artisan Boutique’s Two Year Anniversary Party in The Heights | No Cover – The Whimsy Artisan Boutique celebrates its two year anniversary with a party and shopping event in The Heights. There will be 20% off flash sales on select items throughout the day, zombie caricatures by Arlene Delagarza, a photo booth, prizes and more. Noon to 7pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Try your luck at the St. Patrick’s Day Party and enjoy $4 Jameson shots, $5 Irish car bombs, $3 green beer, and festive face painting at Howl at the Moon. 6pm.
- St. Patrick’s Party at Bobcat Teddy’s Ice House | No Cover – Get into the Irish spirit with a day full of festivities including live music, bagpipers, Irish dancers and more at Bobcat Teddy’s Ice House. 7pm.
- Comedian Whitney Cummings at House of Blues (Postponed) – Crack up at gender roles and the facepalms of dating when the hilarious comedian, writer, and actress Whitney Cummings, performs live at House of Blues. Tickets start at $22.50. 8pm.
- Excision 2020 Tour, featuring The Evolution at Revention Music Center – Excision 2020 Tour featuring The Evolution, brings a lineup of national EDM acts, headlined by Excision, to Revention Music Center. In addition to The Evolution, Wooli, PhaseOne, and Champagne Drip will perform. Tickets start at $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 9pm.
Sunday, March 15, 2020
- Karbach St. Patty’s Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Shop for local art and vintage while sipping on a cold beer at Karbarch Brewery’s St. Patty’s Market. Noon to 6pm.
- Adult Craft Night: DIY Neon Signs at Axelrad – In this workshop at Axelrad, you’ll learn to create a customized neon sign with step by step instructions that you will be able to take home. All materials and supplies needed to craft the sign will be provided. Tickets are $40. 1pm to 3pm.
- Single with Dogs at the Penny Whistle Pub | No Cover – 1st Rodeo hosts Single with Dogs, a St. Patty’s-themed open playdate for well-behaved dogs and their humans, at The Penny Whistle Pub in Montrose. People and their pups will have a chance to socialize over drinks. Plus S.A.V.E. Rescue Coalition will be there with some adoptable dogs looking for forever homes, while Will Attra of DogMan Training and Dr. Amy Alexander of the Village Vet and Pet Resort will be on hand with free advice. 2pm to 6pm.
- 3rd Annual Crawfish Cook-off at Cottonwood Houston – Local teams compete to serve you their best crawfish, while you enjoy Saint Arnold Brewing Company beers and live music at Cottonwood Houston. $30 gets you unlimited crawfish tastings. 2pm to 9pm.
- G Herbo in Concert at House of Blues – The rapper and songwriter from Chicago, Illinois, G Herbo, hits the stage for his “PTSD Tour” at House of Blues. Special guests and openers include King Von, Lil Loaded, Shaun Sloan, and Pretty Savage. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).