Swing through Sugar Land for Spring Break activities like concerts, plays, family-friendly fun and more throughout the month of March 2020.
As the warmer weather rolls in (if it went anywhere at all) and school lets out for Spring Break, those in search of things to do from the educational to the engaging and exciting will find a destination in Sugar Land.
Scroll below to check out highlights throughout the month of March and beyond for family-friendly activities, exciting performances and experiences, and must-see sweet tooth stops.
Family-Friendly Fun in Sugar Land
While schools are out for Spring Break, it can be tough to fill the days for little ones. Sugar Land offers a bevy of family-friendly experiences at museums, parks, and activity centers that are perfect for a wide range of ages, including the ones below:
- Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land – Dig into prehistory with science exhibitions, an amazing fossil collection that includes a Triceratops and Stegosaurus, and a live collection of brightly colored frogs and toads from around the world.
- Altitude Trampoline Park – Bounce the energy out of little ones with wall-to-wall trampolines, giant foam pits, and padded floors that send kiddos safely soaring for an afternoon of physical activity fun.
- Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center – Spark a sense of wonder with immersive educational exhibits that explore financial literacy and civic engagement in Kidtropolis, delve into the properties of electromagnetism, and expand worlds with engaging cultural exhibits.
- George Ranch Historical Park – Take a tour through time at this living history site which authentically preserves and interprets the four-generational storyline of a remarkable Texas family that spans 100 years from 1824. With educational programming on crafts, historical actors, and historic home sites available for tour, George Ranch Historical Park is a unique stop during a Spring Break stay.
If you’re hoping to stop by a few of these family-friendly destinations, then look into the Sugar Land Museum Pass, which offers special discounts to four Sugar Land museums; Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center, Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land, George Ranch Historical Park, and the Fort Bend Museum.
Spring Break Performances in Sugar Land
This season brings a slate of live music, performances, and plays to stages across Sugar Land, including these highlights:
- The Illusionists: Live from Broadway at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, March 8 – A stunning group of mind-boggling magicians arrive for a spectacular showcase of the impossible when The Illusionists take their Live from Broadway show to Sugar Land. 7pm.
- Marc Anthony in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, March 28 – The multi-Grammy Award-winning, best-selling singer arrives in Sugar Land while on the “Opus Tour” for an early spring concert that will have fans singing their heart out. 9pm.
- Disney’s Moana Jr. at Inspiration Stage | Friday, March 27 to Sunday, April 5 – Inspiration Stage performs a musical adaptation of the 2016 Disney animated film, complete with Tony- and Grammy-winning songs and an empowering message of bravery and selflessness. Showtimes vary.
Find Your Sweet Tooth in Sugar Land
All that activity might work up a craving or two and Sugar Land lives up to its name. Check out the sweet destinations across town, including these favorites:
- Somi Somi – Delight in irresistible Korean-inspired soft serve in fun fish-shaped cones, with flavors like matcha, horchata, banana, and ube with cone fillings like nutella, red bean, and taro. Can’t decide? Swirl two flavors for a delicious treat.
- Churned Creamery – Enjoy a slow-churned sweet with scoops that can be combined with a churro donut, brownie bowls, or tucked into a croissant.
- Kilwins – With a history dating back to 1947, this old-fashioned sweetery creates chocolate, fudge, and other confections using traditional methods and original recipes.
- Frios Gourmet Pop – These ice-cold treats pop with fresh flavors like pink lemonade, blueberry cheesecake, strawberry mango, and birthday cake. Stop by during Spring Break and dig into their limited seasonal offerings.
This post was sponsored by Visit Sugar Land. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.