Honor the cultural, economic, social, and political achievements of women at International Women’s Day events around Houston on Sunday, March 8, 2020.
Happening This Week
Top Things to Do This Week
Also in March 2020
Top 15 Events This Month
Take time to acknowledge equal rights for your sister, mother or even best friend by going to markets, having a drink, or joining in on conversations with female organizations around town.
International Women’s Day 2020 Events around Houston
- International Women’s Day Market at Cuchara Restaurant | No Cover – Cuchara hosts an International Women’s Day outdoor market to showcase female vendors and celebrate women. Shop for clothing, jewelry, candles, botanical gifts, food and more. 10am to 4pm.
- International Women’s Day at George R. Brown Convention Center – Join women’s organizations, women-owned and operated businesses, sororities, clubs and more for a day of shopping, line dancing, giveaways and more to celebrate International Women’s Day at George R. Brown Convention Center. Tickets start at $20. 10am to 6pm.
- Women’s International Day Celebration 2020 at 920 Studemont Street – Join Shades Of Blue Project for a day of networking, food and drinks, and lots of conversation for their Women’s International Day Celebration. The Shades of Blue Project is a nonprofit dedicated to breaking cultural barriers in maternal mental health by raising awareness and ensuring action is being taken to break the stigma surrounding seeking treatment in the minority community. $25. 1pm to 4pm.
- Women Makers Raising the Bar: Build Your Own Gelato Cake at Whole Foods Market (Post Oak) – Join SweetCup Gelato’s founder, Jasmine Chida, at Whole Foods Market Post Oak for a hands-on experience building a personal berry sponge and gelato cake with a filling recipe demonstration. There is a suggested donation of $10. 2pm to 3pm.
- International Women’s Day Celebration at Oakmont Houston | No Cover – Make your way to Oakmont to honor International Women’s Day with tons of giveaways and complimentary food and drinks for all the ladies. 3pm to 10pm.
- Doyennes at First Congregational Church – Honoring International Women’s Day, Apollo Chamber Players presents Doyennes, a performance showcasing female composers who’ve forged unique and ingenious musical pathways. The program at First Congregational Church features string quartets by Ruth Crawford Seeger, Joan Tower, and Clara Schumann. Tickets are $30; $10 for students. 6pm.
- Roses & Rosé Party at Crimson Lounge – Crimson Lounge celebrates International Women’s Day with a Roses & Rosé Party where you can sip on a variety of rosé wine and enjoy treats and dancing. Tickets are $20. 6pm to 11pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).