Roll into March with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, March 2 to Sunday, March 8, 2020.
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
Happening This Week
Also in March 2020
- Cirque du Soleil presents Alegría: In a New Light at Sam Houston Race Park | Monday, March 2 through Sunday, March 8 – One of Cirque du Soleil’s most popular shows returns to the big top at Sam Houston Race Park for performances featuring gymnastic and athletic spectacles. Tickets start at $75, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. Showtimes vary.
- The 2020 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Park | Tuesday, March 3 through Sunday, March 8 – Rodeo season kicks off on March 3 and extends through Sunday, March 22. Explore the Rodeo grounds filled with carnival rides, a midway, prize-winning animals, performances and more. In the evenings, you can catch cowboys and cowgirls duke it out in series of rodeo competitions, plus the crowd favorite mutton bustin’. Concert and competition tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Rodeo grounds are open daily from 8am to 9pm. Rodeo competitions kick off around 6:45pm and are followed by the headliner concert, usually around 9pm.
- Roller Rink Opening Night at Discovery Green | Friday, March 6 – Head to Discovery Green in Downtown for the opening of the Roller Rink. If you can’t make it out for the opening night, the Roller Rink will be open through Sunday, April 12, 2020. The first 50 guests will skate for free. Regular admission is $8; skate rentals are $4. 5pm to 11pm.
- Spring Break at The Woodlands Resort | Saturday, March 7 and Sunday, March 8 – Families and friends are welcome to the two-week long Spring Break at The Woodlands Resort. Located just 30 minutes from Downtown and an hour from Sugar Land, the family-friendly resort destination offers a new lineup of engaging activities and special entertainment to ensure an unmatched Texan getaway. Daily activities include lounging at the lazy river in the waterpark, a magic comedy show by Curt Miller, movies by the pool and more. Prices and times vary per activity; packages are available for purchase.
- Chalk on the Block at Baldwin Park | Saturday, March 7 | FREE – Marvel at local artists creating pavement art on the sidewalks around Baldwin Park at this free, family-friendly weekend event. 10am to 2pm.
- Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival at Midtown Park | Saturday, March 7 – Midtown Park hosts the fifth annual Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival, a celebration of African American culture expressed through art, music, education, poetry, food, and community. Attendees can enjoy cultural festivities planted within themed villages centered around empowerment, health and wellness, cultural arts and more. Tickets are $25; $5 for ages 9 to 12; free for ages 8 and under; VIP tickets are $75. Noon to 7pm.
- Break Free Hip Hop School at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, March 7 – Kick-off Spring Break with the Break Free Hip Hop School crew at Children’s Museum of Houston. Get down to a high-energy hip-hop performance by the local dance students. Included with general admission to the museum. 3pm to 3:30pm.
- Dancing with the Stars: Live! Tour at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, March 7 – Dancing with the Stars takes the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land, bringing an all-new production showcasing audiences’ favorite dancers from the ABC television show. Dancers, tiny dancers, and fans of the show will delight in seeing fan favorites foxtrot, cha-cha, waltz and more across the stage. Tickets range from $55 to $95, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Magician Jaime Salinas at Children’s Museum Houston | Sunday, March 8 – Experience the mysterious world of magic with local magic extraordinaire, Jamie Salinas, at Children’s Museum Houston. Included with general admission to the museum. 3pm to 3:30pm.
- The Illusionists: Live from Broadway at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, March 8 – The world’s best-selling magic show, The Illusionists, comes to Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. This mind-blowing spectacular showcases the jaw-dropping talents of some of the most incredible Illusionists on earth. Tickets range from $59.50 to $99.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).