Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 4 to Sunday, March 8, 2020.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
2020 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG Park – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions, and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Chris Young, NCT 127, Kane Brown, Cody Johnson, Lizzo, Jon Pardi, Dierks Bentley and more. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8am to 9pm daily.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Ha Ha for Hope: A Charity Comedy Night Vol. 2 at Houston Improv – Houston’s standup comedy fundraiser show, Ha Ha for Hope, returns for a second edition. Hosted by Brian Gendron, the show will be headlined by Tre Tutson and feature Tim Williams, along with special guest, Corlis DeLauren. Tickets are $20. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Willie Nelson in Concert at NRG Stadium – Country music legend Willie Nelson headlines the evening’s rodeo festivities inside NRG Stadium for Armed Forces Appreciation Day. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- The Mandalorian Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Join other Baby Yoda lovers and play The Mandalorian Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery. 7:30pm to 10pm
- Movie Night: Anchorman Movie Screening at Market Square Park | FREE – Bring a lawn chair and head to Market Square Park for a free outdoor screening of Anchorman, the hilarious movie starring Will Ferrell as newsman Ron Burgundy. 8pm.
- Wednesday Night Karaoke at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Spend your hump day singing your heart out at the award-winning Wednesday Night Karaoke at the LGBTQ-friendly bar, Guava Lamp. There will be $3 Cosmo cocktails all night. 9pm.
Thursday, March 5, 2020
- First Thursday on Mid Main – Browse an art garden and market, listen to live music, and sip complimentary drinks at Mid Main’s monthly First Thursday celebration. Bars and restaurants along Mid Main will be offering drink specials and other entertainment. There is a suggested donation of $5. 6pm to 10pm.
- The Brewery Comedy Tour at Southern Yankee Beer Company near Spring – Southern Yankee Beer Company hosts the nationally touring Brewery Comedy Tour. The tour has already hit 1500 breweries across the U.S., featuring New York- and Los Angeles-based comics. Tickets are $14, but limited discounted $7 tickets are available. 7pm.
- Cody Hibbard in Concert at Pacific Yard House | No Cover – Catch a live acoustic set by the local singer-songwriter, Cody Hibbard, at Downtown Conroe’s restaurant and venue, Pacific Yard House. 7pm.
- Opening Reception: Slowed and Throwed at CAMH | FREE – The Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston hosts an opening reception for Slowed and Throwed: Records of the City Through Mutated Lenses, a two-part interdisciplinary exhibition orbiting around the legacy of the late Houston legend DJ Screw. 7pm to 9pm.
- Thirsty Thursday & Karaoke Night at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Wakefield Crowbar hosts a weekly karaoke night with $5 Crown Royal and $5 Bird Dog Mules drink specials. 7pm.
- Seinfeld Trivia at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Answer some tough questions on the “show about nothing,” Seinfeld, at Eureka Heights’ trivia night. There will be prizes for the top 3 teams. 7pm to 9pm.
Friday, March 6, 2020
- Comedian Nikki Glaser at House of Blues – Crack up when the stand-up comedian and actress, Nikki Glaser, performs live at House of Blues for the “Bang It Out” Tour. Tickets start at $25. Doors at 6pm; show at 7pm.
- Yves Tumor in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The experimental and electronic musician, Yves Tumor, takes the stage at White Oak Music Hall upstairs. Tickets are $20. 7pm.
- Sugar Brown: Burlesque Bad & Bougie Comedy Houston at the Secret Group – Sugar Brown presents a highly interactive, R-rated show at the Secret Group in EaDo. Sugar Brown is the alter ego of dancer Lanita Shera, who explores different facets of sensuality with her original burlesque productions. Tickets range from $25 to $50, but limited discounted tickets start at $20. 8pm.
- The Tejas Brothers at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – The Big Barn in The Woodlands welcomes the Tejas Brothers, known for their combo of Tex-Mex and honky-tonk tunes. Tickets range from $15 to $18. 8:30pm.
- Rockett Queen in Concert at Pacific Yard House – Catch a live set but the rock band from Tyler, TX, Rockett Queen, at Downtown Conroe’s restaurant and venue, Pacific Yard House. Tickets are $5. 9pm.
- ComedySportz presents Improv! The Musical at CSz Arena – In Improv! The Musical, members of ComedySportz Houston take the stage and come up with the storyline, soundtrack, and choreography of a musical right before your eyes. The audience supplies them with a topic, and they take it from there at this monthly first Friday improv performance. Tickets are $16, but limited discounted $10 tickets are usually available. 10:30pm.
Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Opening Reception for Larry Garmezy’s Mostly Water, Some Rock Exhibition at Archway Gallery | FREE – Enjoy complimentary vino and light bites at the debut of Garmezy’s photography exhibit showcasing the unique and subtle patterns and textures hidden in the details of nature’s recesses. 5pm to 8pm.
- Trippie Redd in Concert: Love Me More Tour at Revention Music Center – Hip hop artist Trippie Redd, best known for his hits “Dark Knight Dummo” and “Topanga”, brings his “Love Me More Tour” to Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $62, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- FotoFest Biennial 2020 at Silver Street | FREE – FotoFest hosts the opening of its 2020 Biennial exhibition and programs centered around the theme of African Cosmologies: Photography, Time, and the Other, with a focus on artists of Africa and the global African diaspora. There will be complimentary valet parking, music, and refreshments. 8pm to 11pm.
- Ladypalooza Tribute Concert with Just Like P!NK, Nightbird, and Alaniz at House of Blues – Pay tribute to some of the most influential women in pop and rock at Ladypalooza, a concert featuring Just Like P!NK (a tribute to P!NK), Nightbird (a tribute to Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac), and Alaniz (a tribute to Alanis Morissette) at House of Blues. Tickets start at $8, but you can RSVP for up to 2 free tickets. 8pm.
- Wepa Party at The Dive – Dance to Cumbia and Reggaeton music with live DJs at the Wepa Party at The Dive in Downtown. Admission is free with RSVP before 11pm; $10 to skip the line. 9pm.
- Trish Cramblet & the Bad Habits at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge – Trish Cramblet and her band bring their combination of old school soul and rock, with a hint of outlaw country goodness, to Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge. Cover is TBD. 10pm.
Sunday, March 8, 2020
- Lupulin Luau & Pig Roast at La Grange Houston | No Cover – Get your Sunday Funday on with a luau-style party and pig roast featuring live music from Dem and beer from Saint Arnold Brewing Company at La Grange. Noon to 6pm.
- Selena Movie Night & Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Celebrate Selena Quintanilla with an art market, vendors, food trucks, a live performance from special guest Chris Perez as well as Monica’s Bidi Bidi Tribute and end the evening with a movie screening of the movie Selena at Karbach Brewing Co. Noon to 9pm.
- International Women’s Day Celebration at Oakmont Houston | No Cover – Make your way to Oakmont to honor International Women’s Day with tons of giveaways and complimentary food and drinks for all the ladies. 3pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Ramon Ayala in Concert at NRG Stadium – The Norteño music accordion player, singer, and songwriter, Ramon Ayala headlines the evening’s rodeo festivities inside NRG Stadium for Go Tejano Day. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale marketplace. 3:45pm.
- Roses & Rosé Party at Crimson Lounge – Crimson Lounge celebrates International Women’s Day with a Roses & Rosé Party where you can sip on a variety of rosé wine and enjoy treats and dancing. Tickets are $20. 6pm to 11pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).