Say howdy to Texas Independence Day celebrations around Houston from Saturday, February 29 to Texas Independence Day, Monday, March 2, 2020.
Happening This Week
Top Things to Do This Week
Also in March 2020
Commemorating March 2, 1836, when Texas officially declared independence from Mexico, Texas Independence Day brings with it a slate of events around town to remember the adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence.
Whether you’re looking to learn about the history of Texas at a family-friendly event, enjoy a concert or sip on a Texas-sized drink, we’ve got you covered.
Texas Independence Day 2020 Events Around Houston
- Texas Independence Day Celebration at Washington on the Brazos | Saturday, February 29 and Sunday, March 1 | FREE – Bring your friends and family to the 300-acre Washington on the Brazos State Historic Site for their annual two-day Texas Independence Day Celebration. Guests can commemorate when 59 delegates bravely met in 1836 to make a formal declaration of independence from Mexico and form a new nation with plenty of family-friendly activities. Times vary.
- Texas Independence Day at Little Woodrow’s Shepherd | Texas Independence Day, Monday, March 2 | No Cover – Head to Little Woodrow’s Shepherd for all-day Texas drink specials including $4 Texas beers, $5 select Texas liquors, and $5 for 22 oz frozen margaritas. 1pm to 2am.
- 8th Wonder TEX Beer Launch Event at Flying Saucer Draught Emporium | Texas Independence Day, Monday, March 2 | No Cover – Join 8th Wonder Brewery for the release of its all-new TEX Beer and a Texas Independence Day celebration at Flying Saucer Draught Emporium. A smooth and satisfying low-calorie blonde ale, TEX Beer is a first-of-its-kind light beer option from 8th Wonder, clocking in at 4.3% ABV, 120 calories and 8.8 grams of carbs. 6pm to 8pm.
- Texas Independence Day Shindig at Little Woodrow’s Bellaire | Texas Independence Day, Monday, March 2 | No Cover – Little Woodrow’s in Bellaire throws a Texas Independence Shindig with specials on Lone Star beer and a contest for best BBQ and guacamole. 6pm to 8pm.
- Texas Independence Day at The Rustic | Texas Independence Day, Monday, March 2 | No Cover – Eat, drink and celebrate Texas Independence Day at The Rustic with live music by Scooter Brown Band, drink specials on Balcones Distillery drinks and Lone Star Beer, and Texas-sized steak and chicken-fried steak. 7pm to 11pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).