Celebrate Leap Day, a day that only happens every 4 years, at Leap Day 2020 events around Houston on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
Landing on a Saturday in 2020, an extra day is added to the end of February to extend the 365-day calendar for leap year. Happening every four years, the added day keeps the year synchronized with the astronomical and seasonal years.
Enough about the science. Although it may only happen once every four years, the day is still filled with family-friendly events, concerts, and Leap Day parties. We’ve got you covered with what you need to know to enjoy the added day.
Leap Day 2020 Events in Houston
- Leap Year at Parker Williams Branch Library | FREE – Bring the kiddos out to Parker Williams Branch Library near Pearland to learn about the leaping amphibians, frogs, on Leap Day. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Art Market & Home Tour at Cross Creek Ranch in Fulshear | FREE – Artisans and artists from Houston’s popular First Saturday Arts Market and Market at Sawyer Yards head to Cross Creek Ranch in Fulshear for a showcase of paintings, ceramics, woodwork, jewelry and other handcrafted items. Expect live music, local food trucks, activities for kids, and a chance to view one of the neighborhood’s 22 model homes. 11am to 3pm.
- Leap Day Goat Yoga at Little Woodrow’s EaDo – Spend your Leap Day doing yoga alongside adorable goats, then enjoy $20 mimosa pitchers at Little Woodrow’s EaDo. You must register for this leap year event. Noon to 2pm.
- Opening Day: Houston Dynamo vs. L.A. Galaxy at BBVA Stadium – The Houston Dynamo faces off against Chicharito and the Los Angeles Galaxy to kick off their 16th season. Fans will receive a free Dynamo Rally Towel to help spin up the energy to start the season. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 2:30pm.
- Leap Year Blind Wine Tasting: France vs. USA at Lucille’s – Taste six different wines, three American and three French, during an intimate evening of wine conversation with Lucille’s resident wine expert, Iris Allen. Light bites will accompany the night’s vino. $45 per person. 4pm to 6pm.
- Moon Tower’s Leap Year, Drink Beer at Almighty Moon Tower Inn | No Cover – Have a hot dog and beer while watching live music performances from punk rock bands Loose Nukes, Kill the Lizards, and more at Almighty Moon Tower Inn. 6pm.
- Leap Day Party at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Party it up for Leap Day with drink specials, live music, giveaways and more at Howl at the Moon. 7pm.
- Leap Year Party at The Pub Galleria | No Cover – The band Soulshine brings their fun and energetic show to The Pub Galleria for their Leap Year Party tradition. 8pm.
- Reverend Horton Heat in Concert at House of Blues – Jim Heath and his Texas-based psychobilly trio, Reverend Horton Heat, perform live at House of Blues. Tickets start at $10. 8pm.
- Leap Day Freak Day at Rudyard’s British Pub | No Cover – Enjoy a concert of live electronic synth performances from musicians including Astrogenic Hallucinating, Giftculture, File Transfer Protocol, and more at Rudyard’s in Montrose. 10pm.
- Leap Year Party with Free Radicals at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – Spend your extra day of the Leap Year with a live concert from local band, Free Radicals, at Darwin’s Pub. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).