Updated: 3/25/20 – All live gatherings and events in Greater Houston havebeen canceled for March 2020 and into April. More are expected to follow. Please click here for our Coronavirus resources, including things you can do from the safety of your home during this uncertain time.
Get your face paint on and cheer like crazy at these exciting games and sports events around Houston in March 2020.
Also in March 2020
Top 15 Events This Month
Happening This Week
Top Things to Do This Week
Catch the Astros on opening day, college basketball teams vying for a shot at the Final Four, photo finishes at a motorsports extravaganza, and the early season games for the Dynamo, Roughnecks, and Sabercats.
In a busy March, Houston sports teams see action in rugby, soccer, football, basketball, and baseball in what promises to be a marquee month of live sports.
Top 12 Games & Sports Events This Month: March 2020
- Houston SaberCats vs. Rugby United New York at Aveva Stadium | Sunday, March 1 – Heading into their fourth game of the season, the SaberCats start the month with a Sunday afternoon visit from RUNY. Tickets range from $20 to $60, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers at Toyota Center | Thursday, March 5 – The Rockets aim to defend home court against Kawhi Leonard and the Clippers in a high-stakes Western Conference matchup. Tickets start at $34, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. Seattle Dragons at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, March 7 – Off to a hot start in the XFL, the Roughnecks host a West Division opponent at TDECU Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats at TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 1pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Memphis Tigers at Fertitta Center | Sunday, March 8 – The Coogs wrap up their men’s basketball season with a matchup against the Memphis Tigers in a bid to head into March Madness with a nationally-ranked squad. Tickets range from $50 to $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 11am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves at Toyota Center | Tuesday, March 10 – The duo of D’Angelo Russell and Karl Anthony-Towns arrive in Houston to face off against James Harden and Russell Westbrook. Tickets range from $9 to over $1,000, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- TX2K20 at Houston Raceway Park | Wednesday, March 11 through Sunday, March 15 – One of the premier motorsports events of the year, TX2K brings together souped-up domestic, sports, and rare vehicles from around the country for a week of roll racing, drag racing, and car show exhibition. Tickets for single-day admission start at $25; 5-day passes are available for $115, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Third Coast Grappling: Ryan vs. Gaudio at Warehouse Live | Saturday, March 14 – A full card of eight matchups see opponents utilize their skills in Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling to claim victory. Tickets start at $40 in advance; $50 at the door, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Seattle Sounders FC at BBVA Stadium (Postponed) | Saturday, March 14 – The Dynamo head into their second home game of the year, welcoming the Sounders from Seattle. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. DC Defenders at TDECU Stadium (Cancelled) | Sunday, March 22 – A cross-conference clash sets up the Roughnecks against one of the East Division’s top teams. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 5pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Minute Maid Park (Postponed) | Thursday, March 26 through Sunday, March 29 – It’s Opening Day and the Astros will start their year with a four-game series against the Los Angeles Angels. Tickets are expected to sell out at the stadium, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- 2020 NCAA March Madness: South Regional at Toyota Center | Friday, March 27 and Sunday, March 29 (Cancelled) – Houston hosts two huge legs of the South Regional bracket of the annual March Madness tournament. Friday features the Sweet Sixteen and Saturday will include the Elite Eight vying for a chance at the coveted Final Four. Out of an abundance of caution, the NCAA will be holding the tournament without an audience at all events (Ed. 3/11/20). Times TBD.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Cruz Azul at BBVA Stadium (Postponed) | Friday, March 27 – The Dynamo host Cruz Azul from Mexico City in an International Friendly as part of the SocioMX Tour. Tickets range from $25 to $165, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).