Take in one or more of the traditional, raucous, and family-friendly Mardi Gras events in Houston and along the beach in Galveston through Fat Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
Throughout Galveston’s 109th Mardi Gras celebration, plenty of parades and processions will move across the island and we’ve made a list of our favorites. If you can’t make it to Galveston, we’ve also pulled together Mardi Gras events happening in Houston, too.
Parades inside the gated Galveston Entertainment District require admission, but several of the biggest events will be free to view along Seawall Boulevard. Click here for more information on the Mardi Gras 2020 parades.
Mardi Gras 2020 Events in Houston & Galveston
- The 109th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Fat Tuesday, February 25 – Over 3 million beads will be thrown at Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration, with the lineup of festivities including elaborate parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Ticket prices for party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission vary. Times vary.
- Fat Tuesday at Memorial City | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | FREE – The Rouxpour will be putting on a crawfish boil and serving specialty cocktails, beer, and wine on The Square at Memorial City for Fat Tuesday. There will also be live music, Mardi Gras masks and beads, and face painting for the kiddos. 3pm to 10pm.
- Fat Tuesday Happy Hour at The Barking Pig | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – The Barking Pig hosts a happy hour with a complimentary cup of gumbo with a purchase of a hurricane, and a free 1lb of crawfish with a purchase of 5lb of crawfish. There will also be a DJ and plenty of beads. 4pm to 9pm.
- Pardi Gras at Little Woodrow’s Heights | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – Come hungry to Little Woodrow’s in the Heights for a crawfish boil and specials on Abita beers and frozen hurricanes. 5pm to 11pm.
- Fat Tuesday at Great Heights Brewing Company | Fat Tuesday, February 25 – Great Heights Brewing Company hosts a family-friendly Fat Tuesday celebration filled with beer, bugs, beads, and bingo. Orleans Seafood Kitchen’s food truck will be on-hand serving up crawfish along with other Cajun specialties. 5pm to 10pm.
- Fat Tuesday at Orleans Seafood Kitchen | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – Orleans Seafood Kitchen in Katy celebrates Fat Tuesday with crawfish, a live Zydeco band, drink specials, and beads. 6pm to 10pm.
- A Loco Mardi Gras Bash at Diablo Loco Richmond | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – Take part in Diablo Loco’s New Orleans-style Mardi Gras party with a live DJ, food and drink specials, and crawfish. 6pm.
- Mardi Craw at The Rustic | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover with RSVP – The Rustic hosts its annual Fat Tuesday and crawfish boil celebration with live music, a New Orleans’ inspired menu and plenty of beads. Along with crawfish, the menu will include fried crawfish tails, jambalaya with grilled shrimp, and po’ boys. Free with RSVP; VIP is $40. 5:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).