Hold on to the edge of your seat at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, February 24 through Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
The end of February brings several exciting sports events to town, including a coveted bobblehead night, an annual baseball tournament, and a women’s basketball season finale.
Elsewhere, the city sees the first game of the season for the Dynamo and the first-ever home game for an e-sports squad.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. New York Knicks at Toyota Center | Monday, February 24 – The Rockets return home after the All-Star Break and it couldn’t come at a better time because it’s Travis Scott Bobblehead Night for the first 3,000 fans through the gates. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- 2020 College Classic at Minute Maid Park | Friday, February 28 through Sunday, March 1 – The annual event benefiting Shriners Hospitals for Children brings three days of triple-header baseball featuring Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, Baylor, Arkansas, and Missouri. Tickets start at $20 for a single day of games; $42 for a three-day pass with premium packages available, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston Outlaws: Overwatch League at Revention Music Center | Saturday, February 29 and Sunday, March 1 – Houston’s own professional e-sports team takes to the stage for their first-ever home game with a weekend of Overwatch competition featuring teams from Boston, Paris, London, New York and more. Tickets range from $90 to $240 and are good for all weekend, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston Cougars vs. UCONN Huskies at Fertitta Center | Saturday, February 29 – In their final home game of the season, the women’s basketball team takes on the historic squad from UCONN that’s eyeing their thirteenth-straight Final Four appearance. Tickets range from $10 to $15, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Los Angeles Galaxy at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, February 29 – Led by a new coach in Tab Ramos, the Dynamo take to the field for an afternoon season opener against the L.A. Galaxy, who recently signed Mexican International Chicharito to their 2020 squad. Tickets are TBA, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).