Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Located 15 miles southwest of Houston in Fort Bend County, Richmond’s history dates back to 1822, when a group of twelve men set up camp near the present-day city and were followed by Stephen F. Austin’s famed Old Three Hundred colonists.
Originally known as “Fort Bend” or “Fort Settlement,” it became one of the first 19 cities incorporated by the Republic of Texas. Today, you’ll still find beautifully preserved historic homes, along with many things to explore and some fun watering holes, to boot.
The Best Bars in Richmond
- Braman Winery and Brewery – Braman Winery and Running Walker Beer join forces to make the first winery and brewery under one roof in the Lone Star State. Hit the Tap & Tasting Room to enjoy wines and suds, live music and trivia nights, and rotating food trucks. Click here for directions.
- Clancy’s Public House – This friendly Irish pub rocks 30 taps and a 50-count bottle list of beers and ciders, plus adult beverages like the Irish Mule and build-your-own Irish Coffee, and eats from beef Reubens to shepherd’s pie. The food makes a great base if you plan on partying well into the night. Click here for directions.
- The County Line Bar & Grill – You can hit the patio, watch the game, listen to live music, and join the local crowd at this easy-going watering hole. Click here for directions.
- Lone Star Saloon – Housed in a building that has been a neighborhood stalwart for over 120 years, this saloon is one of the best places around to pop a cold one and get a taste of the country-western life. Its stage draws a lineup of musicians from around the state that gets the crowd going with live country jams. Cover ranges from free to $10. Click here for directions.
- Scotty’s Saloon at OTP – Formerly known as The Old Trading Post, this Richmond staple is the place to eat, drink, and dance the night away. The rustic indoor-outdoor space hosts live music every weekend and offers Southern-style eats, booze, and games all the time. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options near Richmond
Hit the Dry Creek Social Club for music, drinks, and dancing; have a glass at Unwine’d, “The Best Little Wine Bar in Texas”; play vintage pinball and sip beers at EinStein’s Pub & Arcade; check out the steak and trivia nights at The Oxbow Tavern.