Drop the schmaltz this Valentine’s Day and take your friends or just yourself to one of these spirited Anti-Valentine’s Day parties around Houston on Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
Whether you’re single, counter-cultural, or just not in the mood, there are plenty of events around Houston on Valentine’s night to celebrate your singledom, or just have a good time with your friends—singles and couples alike.
We can assure you that there will still be people gathering to mix and mingle in Midtown, Montrose, as well as the Heights, EaDo and more. But if you really want to revel in sticking it to the whole notion of Valentine’s Day, these Houston events are here to help.
Anti-Valentine’s Day 2020 Events Around Houston
Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14, 2020
- Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at Pub Fiction – The annual Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show will feature stand up performances from nationally known comics like Keisha Hunt and Charles Allen as well as local comics like Dusti Rhodes and Rich Williams and more at Pub Fiction. Tickets range from $20 to $75. 6pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Speed Dating & Painting at Diablo Loco Sports Bar – Singles are welcome to indulge in a night of painting, tunes from a live DJ, and speed dating at Diablo Loco Sports Bar. Tickets start at $20. 6pm to 9pm.
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Bash & Wine 101 Class at Radunare Italian American Table – The Anti-Valentines Day Bash at Radunare in Spring will feature Andrew Adams (former owner of The Corkscrew Wine Bars, Sugarcane Organic Bar and The 21st Amendment Lounge) welcoming all the singles to a Wine 101 Class paired with some of Radunare’s light bites. $29 per person. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Tequila Your Ex at Little Woodrow’s EaDo | No Cover – Bring your single lady gal pals along with photos of your ex and Little Woodrow’s Eado will provide the frozen mango ‘ritas and a shredder for the Tequila Your Ex event. 7pm.
- Galentine’s Day Floral Design Workshop at Noted. – Make your very own bouquet of flowers and celebrate friendship for the Galentine’s Day Floral Design Workshop at Noted. in the Heights. In this class, you will learn the basics of floral design, how to process and care for your flowers, and how to structure a beautiful arrangement. Tickets are $75 per person. 7pm to 9pm.
- Lonely Hearts Party at Little Woodrow’s Heights | No Cover – Bring your single squad over to Little Woodrow’s in the Heights for drink specials, heartbreak songs played by a live DJ, and a piñata smash. Bring a photo of your ex and tape it to the piñata before the smashing begins. 7pm.
- Single Awareness Day at Little Woodrow’s Katy | No Cover – Mingle with other singles while enjoying drink specials and tunes by DJ Duce at Little Woodrow’s Katy for Valentine’s Day. Choose from three different colored cups and wristbands to show what you’re lookin’ for – red for taken, yellow for maybe, green for single. 8pm.
- Anti-Valentines And Stop Light Party at 1886 Humble Backyard – Taking place at 1886 Humble Backyard, the 2nd Annual Anti-Valentines and Stop Light Party will feature games, giveaways, a food truck, and live music. The theme for the night is “stoplight”, and you are encouraged to wear your color – red is for taken, yellow is for confused, and green is for single. 9pm.
- Serenade the Single: Valentine’s Karaoke at The West End – A Public House | No Cover – The West End – A Public House welcomes singles to sing their heart out (or be serenaded) for its Valentine’s Day karaoke night. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).