Take in one or more of the traditional, raucous, and family-friendly Mardi Gras events in Houston and along the beach in Galveston through Fat Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
Throughout Galveston’s 109th Mardi Gras celebration, plenty of parades and processions will move across the island and we’ve made a list of our favorites. If you can’t make it to Galveston, we’ve also pulled together Mardi Gras events happening in Houston, too.
Parades inside the gated Galveston Entertainment District require admission, but several of the biggest events will be free to view along Seawall Boulevard. The Entertainment District will also offer free admission on Sundays for Family Gras events and celebrations. Click here for more information on the Mardi Gras 2020 parades.
Mardi Gras 2020 Events in Houston & Galveston
- The 109th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 through Fat Tuesday, February 25 – Over 3 million beads will be thrown at Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration, with the lineup of festivities including elaborate parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Ticket prices for party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission vary. Times vary.
- 2nd Annual Mardi Gras Brunch at B&B Butchers & Restaurant | Saturday, February 15 | No Cover – Enjoy live music by dueling pianists Leah Stonum and Jen Cox, face painting, New Orleans-inspired brunch dishes, and specialty cocktails at B&B Butchers & Restaurant. 10am to 3pm.
- Mardi Gras Celebration & Yachty Gras Boat Parade at Kemah Boardwalk | Saturday, February 15 | No Cover – Kemah Boardwalk hosts a daylong celebration of Mardi Gras featuring live music and the Yachty Gras Boat Parade. Noon to 9pm.
- Mardi Gras Pub Crawl 2020 in the Heights | Saturday, February 15 | No Cover – Bust out your purple, gold, and green beads for this Mardi Gras-themed bar crawl that takes participants through several hot spots along White Oak Drive in The Heights. Bars include Little Woodrow’s, BB’s Tex-Orleans, Bobcat Teddy’s, Public House, Christian’s Tailgate, and Onion Creek. 2pm to 6pm.
- Mardi Gras Mixer at Houston Museum of Natural Science | Thursday, February 20 – Put on your fanciest masquerade mask and grab your beads for the Mixers & Elixirs Mardi Gras party at Houston Museum of Natural Science. There will be a live band, dancing, cash bars, and food trucks. Tickets are $25. 2pm.
- Carnaval Mask Party: Brazilian Mardi Gras at Gardenia Reception Hall | Friday, February 21 – Experience the Carnaval Mask Party, a festive evening that mixes the sounds, samba, and feathers of a Brazilian Carnaval with the carefree spirit of Mardi Gras at Gardenia Reception Hall. There will be live music by Gisele Duque and Brazilian Express, Euphoria Brazil and DJ Cassio Duarte as well as a dance performance by LD Dance company, food, beads and more. Tickets are $24.99 online; $30 at the door; ages under 10 get in free. 9pm to 3am.
- Houstonia Magazine’s 7th Annual Gumbo Smackdown at The Plaza at Sugar Land Town Square – Chow down on unlimited loads of spicy gumbo, endless drinks, live music from the Stringbenders, lawn games, a raffle, and an awards ceremony to announce the People’s and Judges’ Choice trophies. $40 for ages 21 and up, but 365 Houston readers can save $5 off that price with promo code WEEKEND; $20 for ages 13 to 20; free for ages 12 and under. Noon to 4pm.
- 2020 Mardi Gras Festival & Parade at Town Center Park | Saturday, February 22 | FREE – Make your way to Town Center Park in Kingwood for their annual Mardi Gras Festival and Parade. There will be live Zydeco music, a kids zone, craft vendors, and food trucks. Noon to 6pm.
- f.r.e.s.h. Young Professionals’ Mardi Gras Gumbo Cook Off & Silent Auction at Wicklow Heights | Saturday, February 22 – Bring your beads and your appetite for Houston Food Bank’s f.r.e.s.h Young Professionals 5th Annual Gumbo Cook Off & Silent Auction. This delicious competition tests the culinary skills of local teams in the art of crafting the celebratory Mardi Gras dish, all while supporting the Houston Food Bank. General admission advance tickets start at $25; team registration is $75. 2pm to 5pm.
- 4th Annual Mardi Gras Pub Crawl on Washington Ave | Saturday, February 22 – Collect those beads and stroll to bars around Downtown, EaDo, and Washington Ave for the Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. Check in is at Fuego’s Saloon. Tickets start a $2.81. 3pm to 9pm.
- 6th Annual Mardi Gras on Main in La Porte | Saturday, February 22 | FREE – Make your way to the 6th Annual Mardi Gras on Main, a free, family-friendly street festival on Main Street in La Porte. Kick off the festival by taking part in their inaugural march to Mardi Gras, the Umbrella Parade and enjoy live music by Bayou City Brass Band, Wayne & The Same Ol’ 2 Step, plus more. Other activities include stilt walkers, face painters, a New Orleans-style market, an Art Car show and more. 4pm to 9pm.
- Fat Tuesday at Memorial City | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | FREE – The Rouxpour will be putting on a crawfish boil and serving specialty cocktails, beer, and wine on The Square at Memorial City for Fat Tuesday. There will also be live music, Mardi Gras masks and beads, and face painting for the kiddos. 3pm to 10pm.
- Fat Tuesday Happy Hour at The Barking Pig | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – The Barking Pig hosts a happy hour with a complimentary cup of gumbo with a purchase of a hurricane, and a free 1lb of crawfish with a purchase of 5lb of crawfish. There will also be live Zydeco music and plenty of beads. 4pm to 9pm.
- Pardi Gras at Little Woodrow’s Heights | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – Come hungry to Little Woodrow’s in the Heights for a crawfish boil and specials on Abita beers and frozen hurricanes. 5pm to 11pm.
- Fat Tuesday at Orleans Seafood Kitchen | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – Orleans Seafood Kitchen in Katy celebrates Fat Tuesday with crawfish, a live Zydeco band, drink specials, and beads. 6pm to 10pm.
- A Loco Mardi Gras Bash at Diablo Loco Richmond | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover – Take part in Diablo Loco’s New Orleans-style Mardi Gras party with a live DJ, food and drink specials, and crawfish. 6pm.
- Mardi Craw at The Rustic | Fat Tuesday, February 25 | No Cover with RSVP – The Rustic hosts its annual Fat Tuesday and crawfish boil celebration with live music, a New Orleans’ inspired menu and plenty of beads. Along with crawfish, the menu will include fried crawfish tails, jambalaya with grilled shrimp, and po’ boys. Free with RSVP; VIP is $40. 5:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).