Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, February 10 to Sunday, February 16, 2020.
Throw beads at Galveston’s 109th annual Mardi Gras celebration, watch the Harlem Globetrotters perform all kinds of impressive tricks, see William Shatner live on stage, view powerful films at the ReelAbilities Film Festival, celebrate V-day with those you love, burst out laughing during comic Russell Peters’ stand-up set, and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- The 109th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Starts Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Get the party started at Galveston’s 109th annual Mardi Gras celebration, complete with elaborate parades, performances, concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and more than 3 million beads. Prices and times vary.
- Valentine’s Dinners Around Houston | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Treat your sweetie to a romantic night out at one of many Valentine’s events happening around town. Take your pick from elegant dinners, comedy shows, concerts and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Victorian Sweetheart Tour at 1892 Bishop’s Palace | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Galveston Historical Foundation’s 1892 Bishop’s Palace opens its doors for a special Valentine’s Day Victorian Sweetheart Tour. The tour will feature champagne and chocolate and will include a discussion on the history of Victorian courting. Tickets are $30. 6pm.
- Russell Peters at Houston Improv | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 to Sunday, February 16 – Crack up at the hilarious observations of stand-up comedian, actor, and Peabody Award-winning producer Russell Peters, who presents his stand-up set for three nights at Houston Improv. Tickets are $55. 7:30pm each evening.
- Aventura at Toyota Center | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – The Kings of Bachata arrive in Houston for the first of two shows in town while on their first tour since 2011, La Gira Immortal. Tickets range from $59.50 to $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16 – Ball out at a thrilling performance by the world-renowned Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center on the University of Houston campus. You’ll see the uber-talented players perform all kinds of trick shots and slam dunks throughout the show. Tickets range from $23 to $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Urban Harvest Fruit Tree Sale at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, February 15 | No Cover – Browse through more than 100 varieties of fruit trees available for purchase when Urban Harvest hosts its 20th Annual Fruit Tree Sale at Sawyer Yards. 9am to 1pm.
- Tapas on the Trails at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, February 15 – Nosh on tapas paired with wine and beer when the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center hosts this special event. Enjoy a romantic walk on their illuminated trails with four pit stops along the way, plus you’ll receive a commemorative glass to remember the night. Tickets are $95 for non-members; $85 for members. 5pm to 9pm.
- Unbelievable Stories at The Secret Group | Saturday, February 15 – Comedians Ku Egenti and Andrew Youngblood host a special night of comedy at The Secret Group, where comedians share their crazy stories as the hosts determine what’s true and what’s false. Tickets are $5 in advance; $7 at the door. 8pm.
- Rodeo Clown Roundup at Karbach Brewery | Sunday, February 16 – Runners and cheerleaders alike can celebrate the end of a 5 or 10K race with a Texas Country concert in Karbach Brewery’s lively biergarten. Stick around for performances by Blackberry Smoke, Cory Morrow, Charley Crockett, The Band of Heathens, and Clint Daniels. Tickets start at $28, plus fees. 1pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. St. Louis Battlehawks at TDECU Stadium | Sunday, February 16 – Watch as the Roughnecks take the field to play the Battlehawks at TDECU Stadium. Tickets range from $24 to $108, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5pm.
- The Sade Experience at Chapman & Kirby – Groove to soulful R&B sounds of vocalist Sade Adu at The Sade Experience, an evening channeling her music at Chapman & Kirby. Tickets start at $20 per person. 7pm.
- Patti LaBelle and Babyface in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, February 16 – Swoon to the sounds of the Godmother of Soul, Patti LaBelle, when she performs some of her greatest hits at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Babyface and Tamia open the show. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- William Shatner and Star Trek II Wrath of Khan at Arena Theatre | Sunday, February 16 – See legendary actor William Shatner live on stage as he heads across the country performing a one-man show. The show includes a screening of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, followed by Shatner reliving big moments from his lengthy career. Tickets start at $59, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- ReelAbilities: Houston Film Festival | Starts Sunday, February 16 | FREE – Hosted at Edwards Greenway Grand Palace Stadium 24, this year’s ReelAbilities film festival features 16 films dedicated to celebrating the lives, stories, and talents of people with disabilities. Stick around after each show to explore the themes of the film with the filmmaker, parents, professionals, or persons with disabilities. The screenings are free to attend, but you must reserve tickets. Showtimes vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).