Keep the kiddos’ schedules busy all week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, February 10 to Sunday, February 16, 2020.
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
- Phases of the Moon at Pundt Park in Spring | Monday, February 10 | FREE – Enjoy the night sky and learn to point out the phases of the moon by making a moon-phase craft. All ages are welcome. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Meet the Tooth Fairy at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, February 11 – February is Dental Health Month and The Woodlands Children’s Museum is celebrating with a visit from the Tooth Fairy. Kids are encouraged to wear their best tooth fairy outfit while discovering all the fun ways to take care of their beautiful teeth. Entry is included with general museum admission. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Wednesday, February 12 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to Levy Park at the Children’s Pavilion for Bingo. Ages 4 to 12 can enjoy yelling “Bingo! while they practice their letters and numbers as they earn prizes. Levy Park will provide bingo cards, markers, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Third Annual Biles International Invitational & Nastia Lukin Cup at NRG Arena | Thursday, February 13 to Sunday, February 16 – Admire the athletic abilities of top gymnasts from around the country during the third annual Biles Invitational & Nastia Liukin Cup in NRG Arena. Tickets start at $25; $15 for kids. 8am each day.
- Valentine’s Day Parent’s Night Out Date Night at Elite Gymnastics | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Plan your Valentine’s night out sans kids. Elite Gymnastics will keep the kids entertained with pizza, games, and plenty of playtime while you enjoy a romantic evening alone. Tickets are $25 per child; $20 per sibling. 7pm to 10:30pm.
- The 109th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 to Sunday, February 16 – Bring kids of all ages to celebrate Mardi Gras! Galveston with festivities through the end of the month. Over three million beads will be thrown at Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration, with the lineup of festivities including elaborate parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Ticket prices for party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission vary. Times and dates vary.
- HBA Law Week Fun Run at Sam Houston Park in Downtown | Saturday, February 15 – The 35th annual HBA John J. Eikenburg Law Week Fun Run features an 8K, one-mile family walk and kids 1K alongside free food and drinks, live music, kid’s activities and more. The family-friendly event is open to the public and features custom framed art awards, t-shirts for all registrants, 8K and kids run finisher medals, timed bibs on a USATF-certified course, and great door prizes. Registration is $20 each for the one-mile Family Walk and 1K Kids Run. All registration proceeds go towards the Center for Pursuit in Houston, a private, non-profit agency dedicated to improving the lives of those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Kids 1k starts at 7:30am.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16 – Basketball wizardry is back on display when the Harlem Globetrotters return to play at the University of Houston’s Fertitta Center for a weekend of hoops magic. They combine athleticism, theater, and comedy in their style of play. Tickets range from $23 to $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- 24th Annual Camp Fair at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, February 16 | FREE – Find the perfect summer camp for the kiddos when Sugar Land Town Square hosts their 24th annual Camp Fair. They’ll have dozens of representatives touting camps for sports, music, adventure, technology, drama or academics, all with varying lengths. Noon to 5pm.
- Sunday Family Zone at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Sunday, February 16 – Families can come together for a day filled with a variety of games, activities, and coloring in the galleries of MFAH. Sunday Family Zone focuses on different works of art, artists, and exhibitions. Recommended for ages 3 and up. Entry is included with general museum admission; MFAH members and ages 12 and younger always receive free general admission. Join one of two storybook circles at 1:30pm or 3pm. The event starts at 1pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. St. Louis Battlehawks at TDECU Stadium | Sunday, February 16 – Just when you think football is over, Houston’s newest sports franchise continues the touchdown tradition. Week Two of the XFL season brings the St. Louis Battlehawks to the field at TDECU Stadium to battle the Roughnecks. Tickets range from $24 to $108, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).