Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, February 12 to Sunday, February 16, 2020.
Happening This Week
Top Things to Do This Week
Also in February 2020
Top 15 Events This Month
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- The 109th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Friday to Sunday – Over three million beads will be thrown at Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration, with the lineup of festivities including elaborate parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Times and locations vary.
- Comedian Russell Peters at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The world-renowned stand-up comedian, actor, and Peabody Award-winning producer, Russell Peters, arrives in Houston for a weekend of comedy tackling the difficult issues facing people today. Tickets are $55. Showtimes vary.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Monthly Wine Tasting at Rainbow Lodge – Head to the beautiful grounds of Rainbow Lodge to enjoy a “sip and stroll” style themed wine tasting. This month will feature the wines of Mexico. Tickets are $38 and feature four wine tastes and four bites when booked online in advance; $40 cash day of the event. 5:30pm ot 7:30pm.
- Valentine’s Mix & Mingle Bowling at Dave & Buster’s – Dave and Buster’s at Marq-E Entertainment Center plays host to the Valentine’s Mix & Mingle Bowling Event, an evening combining mixing-and-mingling, bowling, and games. The event is intended for Houston singles to meet, socialize, and have fun. Tickets are $25 to $30, but limited discounted $15 tickets are available. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Burlesque! The Sweet Spot Houston: Valentine Edition at Warehouse Live – Warehouse Live welcomes a special Valentine’s Edition of The Sweet Spot with a burlesque tribute to the “Soaring ’20s”. The immersive show features performance poets, sultry burlesque dancers, live music, comedy and more. Tickets range from $20 to $50, but limited discounted tickets start at $10. 7pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Sashay over to Under the Radar Brewery and test your knowledge of the reality TV show, RuPaul’s Drag Race. There will be prizes for the best team name, the winning trivia team and best lip sync. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- Dermot Kennedy in Concert at Revention Music Center – The Irish singer-songwriter, Dermot Kennedy, performs live at Revention Music Center for his “Without Fear” Tour. Tickets start at $37. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Galentine’s Day Party at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – Celebrate Galentine’s Day Parks and Rec-style with a party that will feature a breakfast foods buffet, drinks, a VIP section called “The Snakehole Lounge”, and a special appearance by everyone’s favorite miniature horse, Li’l Sebastian. 4pm to 10pm.
- ReelAbilities Film Festival: ReelArt Opening Night with Mara Clawson at The Center for Art and Photography at Celebration Company | FREE – The ReelAbilities Film Festival presents the ReelArt Exhibition featuring works by Mara Clawson, a self-taught artist from Bethesda, Maryland, at The Center for Art and Photography at Celebration Company. 6pm to 8pm.
- Galentine’s Day Floral Party at Red Lion British Pub – Gather a group of your gal pals for a fun evening of flower arranging at Red Lion British Pub. Upward Blooms will provide supplies, flowers, and instructions. Tickets are $58. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Andy Shauf in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The indie Canadian singer-songwriter, Andy Shauf, performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Molly Sarle opens the show. Tickets are $18 in advance; $20 at the door. 7pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show at CSz Arena – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $7 tickets are available. 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day Dance Party at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge | No Cover – Dance to nothing but love songs when DJ Constant Shame plays ’80s, ’90s, Tejano, indie, and disco at Big Top Lounge on Mid Main. 9pm.
Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14, 2020
- Valentine’s Day at Weights and Measures – Weights and Measures hosts a Valentine’s Day dinner and dancing event where you can enjoy a 4-course menu, then dance to a live band. $75 per person. 5pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at Pub Fiction – The annual Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show will feature stand up performances from nationally known comics like Keisha Hunt and Charles Allen, as well as local comics like Dusti Rhodes, Rich Williams and more at Pub Fiction. Tickets range from $20 to $75, but a limited number of premium $45 tickets are available discounted to $22.50. 6pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Speed Dating & Painting at Diablo Loco Sports Bar – Singles are welcome to indulge in a night of painting, tunes from a live DJ, and speed dating at Diablo Loco Sports Bar. Tickets start at $20 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
- Victorian Sweetheart Tour at 1892 Bishop’s Palace – Galveston Historical Foundation’s 1892 Bishop’s Palace opens its doors for a special Valentine’s Day Victorian Sweetheart Tour. The tour will feature champagne, chocolate, and a discussion on the history of Victorian courting. Tickets are $30. 6pm.
- Wax & Wine: A Special Valentine’s Day Workshop at Love & Make – Love & Make in Rice Village presents Wax & Wine: A Special Valentine’s Day Workshop, which combines its signature candle making workshop with a wine tasting experience by Vinology. Tickets are $70 per person and include the candle making workshop and the wine tasting, with light bites. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Day Mixology Class at Rosemont – Rosemont’s expert bartenders host a special Valentine’s Day Mixology Class, where attendees can step behind the bar and learn to make some amazing cocktails. Tickets are $75 per person. Classes are 90 minutes each and start at 7pm and 9pm.
- Grace Potter in Concert at House of Blues – Enjoy a live performance from the singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, Grace Potter at House of Blues. Tickets start at $29. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Tequila Your Ex at Little Woodrow’s EaDo | No Cover – Bring your single lady gal pals along with photos of your ex and Little Woodrow’s Eado will provide the frozen mango ‘ritas and a shredder for the Tequila Your Ex event. 7pm.
- Love + Libations: An Inclusive LGBTQ Affair at 5001 Navigation Blvd – Houston-native singer Christina Wells has partnered with Creole food Chef NaTosha “Tae” Barber for an inclusive evening of love catering to the LGBTQ+ community on Valentine’s Day. Expect live music, great food, dancing and more. Tickets range from $100 to $250. 8pm.
Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Taco X Tequila Fest at Guadalupe Plaza Park – Enjoy tacos as well as various tequila cocktails and margaritas at the Taco X Tequila Fest at Guadalupe Plaza Park in East Downtown. Tickets start at $9. 2pm to 10pm.
- Houston ’90s Throwback Bar Crawl in Downtown – Put on your ’90s outfit and make your way to the ’90s Throwback Bar Crawl in Downtown. The crawl will feature retro drink specials, an Instagram photo wall, ’90s music and more. Check-in is at The Rustic. Tickets are $20; $30 for VIP. 3pm to 10pm.
- Cocktails & Candle Making: A Unique Experience in Crafting at Love & Make – Love & Make presents Cocktails & Candle Making: A Unique Experience in Crafting, which pairs its signature candle making workshop with cocktails crafted by Spectrum Bartending. Tickets are $60 per person and include the candle making workshop, cocktails, and light bites. 5pm.
- Chris Lane in Concert at House of Blues – The country music singer-songwriter, Chris Lane headlines at House of Blues for the “Big, Big Plans” Tour. Blanco Brown and Ernest open the show. Tickets are $25. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Unbelievable Stories at The Secret Group – The Secret Group presents Unbelievable Stories, a show featuring comedians telling hilariously crazy stories, while comic hosts Ku Egenti and Andrew Youngblood try to deduce what parts of the stories are real and what parts are made up. Tickets are $5 in advance; $7 at the door. 8pm.
- Whiskey Myers in Concert at Revention Music Center – The Southern rock and country band, Whiskey Myers performs live at Revention Music Center. Ray Wylie Hubbard and Grant Gilbert open the show. Tickets are $27.50. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Jason Allen, with Clint Daniels & Havoc Wagon at Firehouse Saloon – Country singer and guitarist Jason Allen headlines and hosts an evening of Texas and Country music. The Pasadena, Texas native will be joined my country artists Clint Daniels and Havoc Wagon. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 at the door. 8:30pm.
Sunday, February 16, 2020
- ReelAbilities: Houston Film Festival – Embrace the diverse lives we lead at the ReelAbilities: Houston Film Festival at Edwards Greenway Grand Palace 24. Attendees have the chance to see up to 16 films dedicated to celebrating the lives, stories, and talents of people with disabilities. The screenings are free to attend, but you must reserve tickets. Times vary per screening.
- Galentine’s Chocolate High Heel Painting Class at Cacao & Cardamom Chocolatier – Paint and design your very own edible Dark Chocolate High Heel Shoe at Cacao & Cardamom Chocolatier in Post Oak. $45 per person. Noon to 1:30pm.
- Rodeo Clown Roundup at Karbach Brewery – Runners and cheerleaders alike can celebrate the end of a 5 or 10K race with a Texas Country concert in Karbach Brewery’s lively Biergarten. Stick around for performances by Blackberry Smoke, Cory Morrow, Charley Crockett, The Band of Heathens, and Clint Daniels. Tickets start at $28, plus fees. 1pm.
- Beer & Cheese Tasting with Houston Dairymaids at Saint Arnold Brewery – Trade in wine and chocolate for beer and cheese this V-Day weekend during this special event hosted by Saint Arnold Brewing Co. Expect to taste handcrafted beers paired with Texas-made cheeses selected by the Houston Dairymaids. Tickets are $35. 1pm to 3pm.
- The Sade Experience at Chapman & Kirby – Pay tribute to the soulful sounds of the singer, Sade Adu, at The Sade Experience, an evening channeling her music at Chapman & Kirby. Enjoy all of Sade’s hit songs with a live performance from a local Grammy-nominated band and DJ Xplicit spinning her original music. Tickets start at $20 per person. Tickets for tables start at $50. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).