Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Sitting just 15 miles northeast of Downtown, Lake Houston is a reservoir on the San Jacinto River that is open to the public for boating and fishing.
If you’re unwinding in the area—which includes surrounding neighborhoods like Atascocita, Humble, and Kingwood, there are also a number of watering holes to keep you occupied by night.
The Best Bars Near Lake Houston
- Mojo’s Sports Grille – Open ‘til 2am from Thursday to Saturday and until 11pm from Monday to Wednesday, this late-night haunt sports 60 taps, 30 TVs, and arcade games all over. Weekly specials include buy-one-get-one pizzas on Monday, Big Beer Night on Wednesday, Thursday Steak Night, and Saturday’s Margarita Madness. Click here for directions.
- Stella’s Blind Tiger Lounge – In East Atascocita, this neighborhood bar and cocktail lounge is easy-livin’. Sip whiskeys, craft cocktails, moonshine, and brews while you play pool or sing your heart out at karaoke. Click here for directions.
- Timeout Tavern – This good-times sports bar rocks everything from DJs, trivia, and steak nights to cheap beers, bar games, and Jolly Ranchers shots. Join the crowd of regulars and friendly staff for a rowdy night out. Click here for directions.
- Three B’s Grill – With hours on Friday and Saturday til midnight, this neighborhood bar and grill makes a choice spot for watching sports, drinking beers, and digging into wings, nachos, and burgers. Keep an eye peeled for special promotions and events to hit their calendar. Click here for directions.
- On The Rox Atascocita – In addition to booze and sports, this neighborhood bar rocks munchies from quesadillas and mac n’ cheeseburgers to wings and pepperoni flatbread. Look out for specials and events on their social media pages. Click here for directions.
- Ingenious Brewing – Beer nerds will want to head over to Humble, where this small-batch brewery offers 24 taps and a taproom with TVs, games, and fun stuff like trivia, steak night, “yappy hour”, and food trucks. Go for inventive beers from the Power 2019 big Russian imperial stout brewed with coffee and dark chocolate, to the Smarty Shake; a sour New England-style IPA with flavors like passionfruit and yuzu or passionfruit, peach, and lavender. Click here for directions.
More Great Nightlife Options Near Lake Houston
Get waterfront drinks and eats at Sharkey’s Waterfront Grill, The Cedar, and Raffa’s; find steak nights and tournaments at laidback bar Tin Cup Sports Bar & Grill; or check out all the fun drinkeries in the nearby hood of Humble.